To signup for auditions click here
- Each Sound Wave member shall be at least 21 years of age, have marching experience and be able to read music.
- The Seattle Sounders FC reserve the right to determine who shall be allowed to tryout for Sound Wave and may refuse a tryout to anyone who, in Seattle Sounders FC sole discretion, will not best serve the interests of the Seattle Sounders FC and Sound Wave.
- Candidates who do not feel that they can attend all rehearsals and all games should not become a member of Sound Wave.
- If a Sound Wave member's job repeatedly interferes with attending rehearsals and games, they must resign from the Band.
- The basic uniform is provided. Any article, to be worn in addition to the basic uniform must be approved by the Sound Wave Director.
- Each Sound Wave member is responsible for the uniform issued to them; it must be kept clean at all times. Each member must pay for any portion of the uniform that is lost or damaged.
- The uniforms are the property of the Seattle Sounders and all uniforms must be returned to the Director upon leaving the squad or before the tryouts for the next season begin.
- The schedule for rehearsals and games will be available and after the tryout process is completed. Sound Wave typically rehearses as follows: (1) One rehearsal for 2-2.5 hours every Thursday evening from February-November. (2) Other rehearsals will be at Director discretion and would take place on a Saturday for 2.5-3 hours.
- Each Sound Wave member is expected to attend all preseason rehearsals as schedule dictates.
- All rehearsals will be scheduled in the evening or on weekends for the convenience of those who are working or attending school.
- Any member who has an unexcused absence for a rehearsal the week prior to a home game will not be allowed to perform at that home game; nevertheless, attendance at that home game is required, and such an attended game will not be considered to have been missed for purposes of Rules 5 and 6 (below).
- Any member who misses two rehearsals, or two games, or one rehearsal and one game without an excused absence from the Director will be ineligible to perform. To be "eligible to perform" in a given game, a member must have attended the rehearsal the week prior to the game, must be capable of performing Sound Wave's music and choreography and must be present at the appropriate time before the beginning of the game.
- Any member who misses three rehearsals, or three games, or two rehearsals and one game, or one rehearsal and two games without an excused absence from the Director, will be dropped from the Band.
- Vacations are not an acceptable reason for missing games or rehearsals.
- For purposes of Rules 5 and 6 only, any member who is more than 15 minutes late to a game or rehearsal without an excused tardy from the Director shall be considered to have missed that game or rehearsal.
- Any member who is sent home from a game or rehearsal by the Director for reasons including but not limited to poor attitude, or incapacity shall be considered to have missed the game or rehearsal.
- Any member who is going to be absent for a rehearsal, notification must be submitted in writing to Director no less than 2 weeks in advance of planned absence, and may or may not be excused, based on the reason and Director discretion.
- Sound Wave members will be paid an hourly wage and any applicable overtime required by law, for all hours worked.
- All time sheets must be approved by Director who will submit them to the Seattle Sounders FC Accounting Department weekly; Sound Wave members will be paid every 15th and 30th/31st.
Personal Appearance and Performance
- The Seattle Sounders FC and Sound Wave are members of the professional athletics and entertainment industries and that fact must be reflected in the appearance and performance of each member. Physical ability to perform and skill are the major factors in the selection of the Band. Each member must maintain the physical ability and level of drumming skill upon which her selection to the organization was based and must learn and practice the Sound Wave music and choreography. Sound Wave members undergoing any changes which are detrimental to appearance and ability to perform will be instructed to correct the problem, and in the Director's discretion, may be dropped from the squad entirely. Physical appearance is also a factor, please be shaven clean and neat in appearance for every performance.
- Sound Wave members automatically come under the scrutiny of the public eye. Actions as a member not only reflect on the member and their family, but on the Seattle Sounders FC as well.
- The Sound Wave Director shall have authority to dictate policies regarding gum chewing, smoking, eating, drinking and use of drugs at any time it may reflect on the Seattle Sounders FC organization.
- Certain activities, such as fraternization between Sound Wave and Seattle Sounders FC players, coaches, management or visiting team players, coaches or management, are prohibited.
- Posing or performing in the nude, semi-nude in or for any media, publication, or public audience in whatsoever form or in any other manner deemed to be in poor taste, and the performance of any other activities which may or will be detrimental to the Seattle Sounders FC's image are strictly prohibited. Engaging in such activities on the part of a Sound Wave member shall result in immediate dismissal from the squad. The undersigned hereby represents that he/she has never posed or performed in the nude or semi-nude in such a manner as stated above.
- Uniforms are not to be worn in any public establishment, except where directed by the Director pursuant to an approved public appearance.
- The Director will issue rules regarding public appearances.
- All requests for public appearances, media interviews, television appearances, photo sessions, and like events must be cleared with the Director.
- Sound Wave members may be required by the Director to make public appearances for charitable, educational or civic purposes.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in Sound Wave, the undersigned agrees and understands that if during the course of the game, rehearsal, or personal appearance on behalf of Sound Wave, the undersigned suffers any injury or incurs any medical condition or problem arising out of or in any manner relating to the game, rehearsal, or personal appearance, the undersigned shall have no claim against Sound Wave, Seattle Sounders FC, or any employee, agent, or officers of the Sound Wave, the Seattle Sounders FC, or any compensation or damages whatsoever, other than applicable workers compensation benefits, if any. The undersigned hereby releases Sound Wave and the Seattle Sounders FC, their officers, agents and employees from any and all claims or demands of any kind or nature now and hereafter arising relative to any injury, medical condition or problem above described.
The trademark for "Sound Wave" and the uniform are registered service marks of and are owned by Seattle Sounders FC. All rights in and to the trademark are reserved. Any member using the trademarks without prior authorization by the Director is subject to dismissal from the squad and to a lawsuit for damages.
Agreement Not to Compete
Each Sound Wave member agrees that within five years of termination they will not do anything in competition with Seattle Sounders FC or Sound Wave specifically in the areas of: Engagements or appearances, public or private, with any references or identification to Seattle Sounders FC or Sound Wave; any engagement or appearance wearing the Sound Wave uniform or a facsimile thereof; any act that might hinder, interfere with, reflect adversely upon, or compete with the rights of Seattle Sounders FC or Sound Wave.
Seattle Sounders FC have the right to use Sound Wave members' names, voices, or images for advertising publicity, commercial (including by third parties) and promotional purposes. Each member hereby waives his/her right of approval for the mentioned uses.
The Director has the right to drop any Sound Wave member from the Band, at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice, the employment hereunder being at will.
Each Sound Wave member on the squad shall terminate on the first day of tryouts for the next year (typically February).