This Sounders FC Fan Guide is designed to ensure that your experience at CenturyLink Field is enjoyable and convenient. It contains a display of stadium maps of the various levels of the facility, including restrooms, first aid stations, elevator access, stairs and more.
In addition to Sounders FC, CenturyLink Field hosts other exciting events year round including Seattle Seahawks football, music concerts, trade shows and collegiate football. Contact the “Events Hotline” at (206) 381-7500 for details on upcoming attractions or visit www.CenturyLinkfield.com.
BABY CHANGING STATIONS
For your convenience, baby-changing stations are located in all family restrooms throughout CenturyLink Field and Event Center. Family restrooms are located on all levels of CenturyLink Field.
No soft-sided cooling containers, coolers or large bags (bigger than 12” x 12” x 12”) are permitted into CenturyLink Field and Event Center on Sounders FC match days. Event security is required to open all bags at the gates for a visual inspection before allowing guests’ entry. Security measures may be increased based on direction from the MLS, orders from the Seattle Police or government as well as the current terror threat level. These procedures will include but are not limited to a more thorough search of persons and property as well as a pat down. Due to these safety procedures, we strongly recommend early arrival to all major CenturyLink Field events.
Large bags are permitted at other CenturyLink Field and Event Center events, and are subject to search. For specific event information, please call CenturyLink Field at (206) 381-7555.
- Item may not be constructed of wood, metal or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by stadium management.
- If a holding device is desired, poles MUST be made out of a hollow ½ inch PVC Pipe and no longer than 3½ feet long. Any pole longer than this must be pre-approved by stadium management.
Banners and signs must be event-related, in good taste and not commercial, political or offensive in nature. All signs must be hand-held; signs on sticks are not permitted. CenturyLink Field reserves the right to remove any banner or sign.
See Food and Beverage Policy
BOTTLES AND CANS
No glass bottles, cans or outside beverages are permitted in CenturyLink Field and Event Center for Sounders FC matches. Non-metal water bottles are allowed, however. The water bottle must be full and factory-sealed. It cannot be a container from home, and it must be filled with water (non-enhanced, flavored or carbonated). Exceptions are made for empty personal plastic sports bottles (non-metallic), baby bottles, health-related materials and unopened, soft-sided, single serve containers (such as small milk cartons, juice boxes, etc.).
The CenturyLink Field Box Office is located in the northwest corner of the stadium. Ticket sellers are available six days a week to assist you with all CenturyLink Field events. For Sounders FC event information, please call (206) 682-2800. For all other CenturyLink Field events, please contact (206) 381-8057.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 10:00am-5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm
The Box Office is closed on Sundays, except for Sounders FC match days.
CAMERA, AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDERS
Personal photography is permitted at CenturyLink Field provided the images are for personal use only; however, any audio or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer. Photographic support tools that may interfere with others' enjoyment of the match (tripods, professional lenses - larger than 200 mm, etc.) are not permitted in the stadium.
Captioning is available for guests via the corner fascia boards for all Sounders matches and major events. This system may not be available for all stadium events.
During a CenturyLink Field event, please direct any comments and concerns to the nearest Guest Services booth or Concierge Desk. Questions or comments may also be directed to the Sounders FC Customer Relationship Department by calling (877) MLS-GOAL, Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CenturyLink Spirit of Service Line
We are committed to improving your game day experience and providing a safe, family environment. To report any inappropriate activity that is disrupting your enjoyment of the match or for housekeeping needs text-message 429512.
For a list of Stadium concession stands with their locations visit www.CenturyLinkField.com.
CenturyLink Field and Event Center proudly offers catering and concessions from nationally recognized food service provider, Delaware North Sportservice. Whether hosting an intimate luncheon or serving thousands of Sounders FC supporters on match day, Delaware North Sportservice provides outstanding food and beverage service. For more information, please call (206) 808-8368 or visit their web site at www.delawarenorth.com.
The majority of the seats in CenturyLink Field are protected from the elements. The following general outline will serve to assist guests in determining whether or not their seats are covered. This information is weather and wind speed/direction contingent. Generally, the east side is known as the “sunny side” and in addition, will be more exposed to the elements.
Field/Main Level: Cover begins at Rows Z-AA of the 100 level sideline seats
North End Zone and Hawks Nest: No covered seating
South End Zone: Cover only in last two rows, PP and QQ
Club Level : All seating covered
Suite Level: All seating covered
The CenturyLink Field Box Office, Pro Shop at CenturyLink Field and permanent novelty stands prefer MasterCard, but also accept VISA, American Express and Discover. All stadium concession stands accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Credit card acceptance varies by event for all other CenturyLink Field events.
DESIGNATED DRIVER PROGRAM
The “Good Sport” program, sponsored by Anheuser-Busch and Delaware North Sportservice, is part of CenturyLink Field’s commitment to public and fan safety. Under the Designated Driver program, one person from a group attending the game volunteers to refrain from drinking alcohol and is responsible for providing transportation for the rest of the group. Designated drivers can register by signing a pledge card at any Guest Services booth until kick off.
To ensure that everyone has a safe ride home, in those isolated instances when alternative transportation is necessary, staff will encourage guests to use a taxi. Information about taxi service is available at any Guest Services booth. (See Safe Ride Home)
DISABLED SEATING INFORMATION
There are disabled seats (wheelchair convertible) dispersed throughout all areas and price levels of CenturyLink Field. Disabled seating and access are fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For further location of access appropriate options, please contact the CenturyLink Field Box Office at Voice: (206) 682-2800 or TDD/TTY: (206) 381-7833.
Drinking fountains are located near the restrooms on all levels of CenturyLink Field and Event Center. On the Club Wells Fargo Level there are 4 double fountains, on the Main Concourse there are 16, and on the Field Level there are 6.
CenturyLink Field and the Seattle Sounders FC reserve the right to eject anyone who violates the Fan Code of Conduct. Tickets will be revoked without a refund and the individual(s) will be escorted from the grounds.
Sounders FC season ticket members are responsible for the behavior of persons using their seats. If those persons are ejected, the Seattle Sounders FC may take appropriate action against the season ticket holder, up to and including season ticket revocation.
The stadium is equipped with two elevators in each of the northeast, northwest, and southwest corners of the stadium, providing service to the main level of the facility. Elevators are also located at the north and south ends of the parking garage, as well as the southeast corners of the CenturyLink Field Event Center.
Elevator service priority is given to guests with disabilities, followed by Club Level and suite ticket holders. Please be mindful of elevator line procedures in the lobbies.
EMERGENCIES AND EVACUATION
In the event of a serious CenturyLink Field and Event Center emergency, all event staff, law enforcement and fire personnel are available to assist guests, including those with disabilities. Information will also be provided over the public address system and on stadium televisions and scoreboards.
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
CenturyLink Field management is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for its guests at CenturyLink Field and Event Center. The facility’s staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests and other fans can enjoy the event experience free from the following behaviors:
- Use of ALL tobacco products prohibited on CenturyLink Field and CenturyLink Field Event Center premises
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Any disruption to the progress of the event by guests’ actions
- Throwing objects of any kind*
- Any other conduct that is beyond the bounds of reasonable behavior for spectators attending a professional sporting event
Each guest should hold his or her ticket stub and be ready to display it to stadium officials to verify their seat location. All Season Ticket Members are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their Guests and/or persons occupying their seats.
*The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
FIRST AID STATIONS
For guest safety and convenience there are several first aid stations located throughout CenturyLink Field and Event Center. In an emergency, please notify the nearest Guest Services representative for assistance and directions to these first aid stations. First aid stations can be found in the following locations:
- Main Concourse: Sections 103, 119 & 141
- Club Level: SW Concourse across from Suite 26
- Suite Level: SW Concourse across from Suite 36
- Upper Concourse: Sections 300 & 326
Automatic External Defibrillators (AED’s) are located throughout the facility.
FOOD & BEVERAGE POLICY
Sounders FC fans may bring food into CenturyLink Field and Event Center on match days in clear plastic bags only, but no beverages will be allowed (see Bottles and Cans). Coolers and backpacks are also prohibited on Sounders match days (see Bag Search).
For all other events in CenturyLink Field and Event Center, outside food and beverages are not permitted. Exceptions are made for factory sealed bottled water, baby bottles, food or beverages related to medical needs, and unopened, soft-sided single-serve containers.
CenturyLink Field and Delaware North Sportservice work hard to promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Our alcohol policies are listed below and are also posted at every concession stand.
- All Guests purchasing alcohol, must present a valid ID, regarless of what age they appear
- No alcohol will be sold to Guests who appear intoxicated
- There will be a two (2) beer limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions
- There will be a one (1) beer limit, per person, by a roving vendor
- Beer sales will terminate at the 75th game clock minute of the match
- Management reserves the right to cut off alcohol sales at its discretion
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and subject to arrest
- Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be ejected
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any Guest
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought onto the grounds. Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the Guest being ejected, arrested, or tickets being revoked
- Vertical and Temporary paper ID cards will not be accepted for alcohol purchases
The following forms of ID are acceptable at CenturyLink Field:
- A Driver’s License — A driver’s license issued by any U.S. state or any Canadian province.
- A U.S. Military ID — An official U.S. Military ID card, including active duty, reserve, retired, and/or dependent card.
- A State ID Card - An official state ID card issued by an U.S. state or Canadian province.
- A current, unexpired Official Passport - Issued by any nation.
The following are not acceptable IDs at CenturyLink Field:
- Punched ID’s are NOT acceptable at CenturyLink Field
- Vertical ID’s are NOT acceptable at CenturyLink Field
- Expired ID’s are NOT acceptable at CenturyLink Field
- Temporary ID’s are NOT acceptable at CenturyLink Field
FREE SPEECH RULES AT CENTURYLINK FIELD
For more information on free speech rules at CenturyLink Field visit http://www.centurylinkfield.com/free-speech-rules/
GATE OPENING TIMES
For Sounders FC matches, all gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Gate opening times for other events in CenturyLink Field and Event Center will vary by event. For specific event information, please call the Event Hotline at (206) 381-7500.
GUEST SERVICES BOOTHS
Got a question? Guest Services booths are provided to help with questions or concerns, to check strollers, and assist in finding lost guests or items. Any stadium staff member can offer assistance, or you can visit one of our Guest Services booths in the following locations:
- Field level: Across from Section 130 & 140
- Main Concourse: Across for Sections 100 & 127
- Club Level: Concierge desk located at ROOT Sports Lounge in south end of Club Level
LOST AND FOUND
If you have misplaced an item at an event, please proceed to the nearest Guest Services booth. After the conclusion of the event you may contact the CenturyLink Field Lost and Found at (206) 381-7510. Lost items will be kept for one month; those unclaimed after that time will be donated to charity.
Guests are encouraged to instruct children in their group to find a CenturyLink Field Staff Member if they become lost or separated from their group. Lost children will be taken to the nearest Guest Services booth. Parents looking for a lost child should follow the same procedure.
As a preventive measure, all Spectator Services Centers and Spectator Services Representatives offer the “Family Finder” program as a free service. Parents can also have their seat location printed on a fun wristband for their children to wear while at CenturyLink Field.
NATIONAL ANTHEM / HALFTIME
Please submit a 90-second or under DVD or CD recording of your vocal acapella version of the National Anthem. Three letters of recommendations from entertainment managers, music instructors, or past clients you have entertained. Your contact information and a one page summary of your vocal background and musical experience.
Please send National Anthem material to:
Seattle Sounders FC
National Anthem Tryout Package
12 Seahawks Way
Renton, WA 98056
Due to the high volume of requests application material will not be returned. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please submit a DVD of a past performance.
- All halftime performances must be four minutes or less.
- Three letters of recommendations from entertainment managers, music instructors, or past clients you have entertained.
- Your contact information and a one-page summary of your entertainment background and experience.
Please send Halftime Material to:
Seattle Sounders FC
Halftime Tryout Package
12 Seahawks Way
Renton, WA 98056
Due to the high volume of requests application material will not be returned. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Paging is permitted in the case of medical emergencies only. If there is a medical emergency and paging is necessary, please contact any CenturyLink Field Staff Member or go directly to a Guest Services booth.
Those who wish to leave an emergency number with relatives or sitters can refer them to the CenturyLink Field office at (206) 381-7555. Please remember to leave an exact seat location (section, row, seat number) at home with the emergency number. If CenturyLink Field is contacted in the event of an emergency, a Stadium Staff Member will deliver the message to a patron’s seat.
Only authorized personnel with proper credentials will be permitted on the pitch before, during or after a Sounders FC match. Any unauthorized person going onto the pitch will be removed and subject to arrest and loss of Sounders FC tickets.
The stadium pitch surface is called FieldTurf™— a new generation of artificial turf that is gaining in popularity with both football and soccer clubs throughout the world. The surface includes sand and ground rubber as the base of the artificial grass, providing a flexible playing surface for both football and soccer. The field’s durability in all types of weather will ensure that a wide range of events can be successfully held at the stadium.
For your safety and convenience, Seattle Police Department and King County officers are stationed throughout CenturyLink Field and Event Center. If you have an emergency, please notify the nearest Guest Services representative immediately.
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
The main goal of CenturyLink Field Management Team is to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of CenturyLink Field guests, employees, and other assets with respect towards everyone’s dignity and legal rights.
CenturyLink Field and CenturyLink Field Event Center does not allow the following items:
- Animals (Service animals ok)
- Beach Balls/Frisbee
- Bottles (Glass)
- Coolers/Ice Chests
- Drugs/Illegal Substances
- Fireworks/Flares/Smoke Bombs
- Flammable Liquids
- Glass Containers
- Laser Pens/Pointers
- Pepper Spray
- Any items deemed by management to be inappropriate that may disrupt other fan’s enjoyment of the game.
* The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
* Items may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by stadium management staff.
* While horns and drums are not prohibited, we ask that guests be courteous to nearby guests. Inappropriate or disrespectful use of these noisemakers will result in forfeiture of the item.
* All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the stadium and may be subject to arrest.
Restrooms are located throughout CenturyLink Field and Event Center and are all ADA-compliant. Family restrooms with baby-changing tables and chairs for nursing are also available throughout the facility.
SAFE RIDE HOME PROGRAM
CenturyLink Field, in conjunction with Delaware North Sportservice, Budweiser and Graytop Taxi, has developed the Safe Ride Home program. Guests who feel they cannot safely drive home due to the effects of alcohol should visit the nearest Guest Services booth where they will be escorted to the pick up near King Street Station and receive a taxi ride to their residence – free of charge.
Due to security concerns, re-entry is ONLY permitted up until kickoff time. After kickoff there is no re-entry. Once a fan exits CenturyLink Field after kickoff, they cannot re-enter. In the case of a medical emergency, you can be issued a medical pass by CenturyLink Field First Aid.
SOLICITATION / LITERATURE
Any persons without written consent from either First & Goal Inc. or the Seattle Sounders FC are prohibited from soliciting contributions or distributing literature on CenturyLink Field and Event Center property (inside or outside).
TAILGATING AT CENTURYLINK FIELD
Tailgating is permitted in the North Lot only. CenturyLink Field security, Seattle Police and King County Sheriffs will patrol the lots to ensure the safety of all event attendees. Please adhere to the following tailgating policies:
• Park in ONE stall only. Awnings, chairs, BBQ’s, etc. cannot extend into other spaces or traffic lanes.
• Tailgating is permitted on the East side of the North Lot only.
• No alcohol - consuming alcoholic beverages in public is a violation of city and state law
• No charcoal BBQ’s or fires on the ground.
• No Deep Fat Fryers.
• No glass bottles or cans permitted – please pour drinks into plastic cups.
• Fighting and taunting are NOT permitted.
• Throwing, catch and sports activities are NOT permitted.
• Please dispose of all trash in bins provided.
These lots close 2 hours after the conclusion of the match. Be prepared to depart at that time.
The video boards at CenturyLink Field represent a “one-of-a-kind” approach to sports venue video displays. They were designed, engineered and built to deliver video and graphic images of the highest resolution and clarity to fans. The south video board, measuring approximately 84 feet wide by 24 feet high, will display video in a super landscape format. The North Tower’s board is the first-ever portrait layout, measuring approximately 44 feet wide by nearly 50 feet high.
Fans will have the opportunity to post a Birthday or Anniversary message at each Sounders FC home game. Fans will receive a single screen shot displaying their customized message, and a photo of the message sent to their home within 10 days of the designated game (package cost: $100). Packages are based on availability, and there are only 15 messages available per home game.
We regret that we can’t handle marriage proposal requests. Contact Sounders FC Corporate Partnerships Department at 425-203-8000 for details. Remember that space is limited so please plan ahead.
Public Will Call windows are located in the northwest corner of the stadium, and will open two hours prior to the event. Press and Player Will Call is located at the southwest corner and will open three hours prior to kickoff of a match.
A picture ID is required for all ticket pick-ups. The credit card used to purchase tickets is also required for Ticketmaster Will Call pick-ups. Will Call locations vary for other CenturyLink Field and CenturyLink Field Event Center events. Please call the CenturyLink Field Box Office at (206) 682-2800 for specific event information.