Sounders FC to Host Summer Block Party on June 23
Posted by: Sounders FC Public Relations
First 1000 fans will receive complimentary Hawaiian pulled pork sliders.
RENTON, Wash. - Seattle Sounders FC announced today the details for the inaugural Summer Block Party to be held in the North Lot of Qwest Field prior to the Sounders FC versus New York Red Bulls match. Access to the Summer Block Party begins at 5 p.m. and is open to all fans, including non-ticket holders. There is no charge to enter.
For the first time in MLS play, Sounders FC will open upper level seating beyond normal capacity. Tickets are available for $15. Click here to purchase online now.
"Our fans demonstrate their passion for the team at every match, rain or shine," said Sounders FC owner Joe Roth. "The Summer Block Party is one opportunity for us to say thanks."
The Summer Block Party will include the following activities:
- Fans may enjoy the Bud Light Beer Garden where they can pose for pictures with the 2009 and 2010 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup trophies. Fans must be at least 21 years-old to access.
- Levy Restaurants will provide free Hawaiian pulled pork sliders topped with pineapple BBQ sauce to the first 1,000 fans and staff additional food and beverage portables.
- Complimentary samples from Johnsonville Sausage - The NEW Chipotle Monterey Jack Smoked Chicken Sausage
- Music by the Caribbean Vision Steel Drum Band
- Face Painters
- Sign Making Stand
- Dunk Tank
- Inflatable Jousting Tower
- Play a pick-up game of beach soccer on over eight tons of sand
- Kickoff for the Sounders FC versus the New York Red Bulls is set for 7 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast nationwide on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes.