Sounders FC to Thank Fans and Honor Keller on Saturday
Posted by: Sounders FC Public Relations
More than 57,000 tickets have been sold for the team's final regular season match versus the San Jose Earthquakes.
RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Sounders FC announced today more than 57,000 tickets have been sold for the team's final regular season match versus the San Jose Earthquakes presented by The Home Depot on Saturday, October 15 on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast nationwide on Fox Soccer.
Immediately following the match, Sounders FC goalkeeper Kasey Keller, who will retire at the end of the season, will be honored in an on-field ceremony.
Throughout the match, the team and its partners will celebrate the loudest fans in the MLS by awarding prizes to fans and sections. Fan giveaways include the following:
- Five thousand Mystery Gift Cards from The Home Depot
- Twenty Companion Fare Coupons from Amtrak Cascades
- Two pairs of Round Trip Tickets on Amtrak Cascades to Portland or Vancouver, B.C.
- Two hundred co-branded adidas mini soccer balls.
- Forty thousand Keller Captain armbands
- One hundred $10 concession vouchers from CenturyLink
- One pair of round trip Coach Class tickets to Mexico courtesy of Alaska Airlines
- Two hundred Chipotle Free Burrito Cards
- Ten $50 "Jack Cash Cards" from Jack in the Box
- One month supply of popchips for five fans
- One hundred $5 "Taco Bell Bucks" from Taco Bell
- Free Round of Golf for Two at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge
- Flowers courtesy of Ballard Blossom
- Six $25 gift cards from Walgreens
- Twenty Samsung Focus™ Windows® Phones from AT&T
Sounders FC will give away 2,000 free co-branded adidas t-shirts and hotdogs in Pioneer Square's Occidental Park prior to the team's March to the Match. Distribution of hotdogs and t-shirts will begin at 5 p.m. and will be made available to ticket holders on a first-come, first-serve basis while supplies last. Limit one t-shirt and one hot dog per ticket.
The Sounders FC will also recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month to highlight the importance of annual screenings. Sounders FC forward Fredy Montero and midfielder Servando Carrasco participated in Public Service Announcements which will be featured on the video boards.
Match day elements will include the following: special edition pink adidas Jabulani match balls, pink scarves for coaches and team sideline personnel, all players will have a pink ribbon patch on their jersey, adidas will provide pink keeper jerseys and some players will wear pink shoelaces and wristbands. The game officials will wear pink jersey patches, pink whistles and wristbands.
The local chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) will distribute 20,000 pink ribbons to fans as they enter the stadium. Representatives from ZTA and the Puget Sound affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will have booths in Soccer Celebration to share information on breast cancer and raise awareness.
The CenturyLink Field arch lights will be pink Wednesday and Thursday nights throughout the month of October.
The Pro Shop will be selling a variety of pink merchandise throughout the month with a pledge to donate 10% of the sales to the Pink Daisy Project. The Pink Daisy Project, headquartered in Bellevue, connects breast cancer patients under age 45 with assistance for everyday needs. For more information visit http://pinkdaisyproject.com/
Fans can raise awareness by wearing pink Sounders FC items throughout the month including: scarves, caps, t-shirts and lapel pins.