Free Windows Phone App Now Available
Posted by: Sounders FC Public Relations
The free application is now available for download via the Windows Phone Marketplace
RENTON, Wash. – The Seattle Sounders FC announced today the free Windows Phone app is now available for download in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
The free application will provide fans real-time access to the club in a mobile form including: traditional non-match day information, i.e., team alerts, scores, rosters, schedule and access to social media feeds. Match day features include statistics, access to the live blog commentary provided by club insider Matt Gaschk and access to live audio streams featuring team broadcaster Arlo White.
Sample features of Sounders FC Windows Phone app include the following:
- The Windows Phone Sounders FC app was developed specifically for the Windows Phone's unique Metro interface and latest Mango software.
- The phone's notable panorama functionality allows users to see a wealth of content in one screen.
- The "Live Tiles" feature of the Windows Phone enables "glance and go" information. The Sounders FC Live Tile will display upcoming match information so users can get information about the next match including the opponent, date and time, and continue using their phone without the need to launch another app.
- The Mango platform for Windows Phone allows audio to run in the background while users are engaged with other apps. For instance, users can listen to a Sounders FC match uninterrupted while they check Facebook, Tweet, etc.
- The Pulse – a real-time measurement of the confidence of fans through micro-polling.
- A digital membership card for season ticket holders.
- Access to digital yellow and red cards.
"Our research focused on understanding how fans wanted to use a mobile device to interact with the team," said Bill Predmore, POP's founder and president. "Windows Phone offered a unique, innovative platform that allowed us to transform fan feedback into a useful and engaging experience."
The Sounders FC launched their first mobile app for iPhone in early April. The app was recognized by Seattle Weekly as "Best Sports/Fitness App" and FWA Featured App. The Windows Phone app is the second released by the team. Other mobile platforms are being evaluated for future release.
Click here to download the new app on your Windows Phone