CenturyLink Field is in the Midst of Busiest Week in History
Posted by: Sounders FC Public Relations
The site of Sounders FC home matches is going through busiest eight-day stretch in its 11-year history.RENTON, Wash. - CenturyLink Field is in the midst of the busiest eight-day stretch in its 11-year history as site of the following events: one NFL game, two Pac-12 football games, one MLS soccer match and one music concert with a combined expected attendance of more than 225,000 fans.
"CenturyLink Field is a benchmark for a successful public/private partnership and a credit to Mr. Allen and the citizens of Washington State," said Seahawks, Sounders FC and First & Goal president Peter McLoughlin. "We salute the hard work and dedication of our staff and thank all the fans for bringing the building to life for each event."
A few facts by the numbers.
- Approximately 225,000 attendees (exceeds population of Spokane at 210,000 and Tacoma at 200,000)
- Approximately 57,000 staff hours will be worked in the eight day span
- Approximately 6,500 gallons of Coca-Cola products will be consumed
- Approximately 5,000 pounds of hot dogs will consumed
- Approximately 16,000 gallons of beer will be consumed
- Approximately 160 gallons of paint and 250 gallons of paint eraser will be utilized for the field markings
- More than 53 tons of compost and 37 tons of single-stream recyclables will be generated