Sounders FC App Debuts on New Platform
Posted by: Sounders FC Public Relations
RENTON, Wash.- Seattle Sounders FC announced today a free Android app is now available for download in the Google Play Store. The free application will provide supporters with instant access to the club on most Android devices. Features of the new app include the following:
• Access to all team news
• Full archive of team videos including Sounders FC Weekly, the CenturyLink Scouting Report and all daily features
• Match formations and lineups
• Real-time match information including live audio and match blogs
• Full club roster and player bios
• Full Sounders FC schedule with filtering capabilities
• Quick access to the SUBWAY® yellow and red cards
• Optimized for phones with large screen displays such as the Samsung Galaxy S3
This is the team’s fifth application for smart devices which includes the previously released iOS, Windows Phone, Windows 8 and Roku applications.
The mobile application was designed in partnership with POP, a leading digital agency that crafts experiences for the web, mobile devices and emerging digital platforms. POP works with Fortune 500 brands including Target, Toyota, Home Depot and Microsoft.
“Sounders FC has long been a technology innovator and marketing leader within Major League Soccer,” said Bill Predmore, founder and CEO of POP. “We have appreciated the opportunity to collaborate with Sounders FC on their suite of mobile applications. It is inspiring to work with a club that is so dedicated to excellence on and off the field.”
Since its launch in February 2009, SoundersFC.com has had more than 21 million visitors from 211 countries and 56 million page views. The club boasts one of the largest social media followings in Major League Soccer with over 289,000 fans on Facebook, 233,000 followers on Google+, 61,000 followers on Twitter, 15,000 likes on Foursquare and 7,300 followers on Instagram.