Appearances are an essential part of Sounders FC community outreach efforts, in fact, it’s part of our mission statement – Community is our focus.
We do our best to respond to all requests but it is challenging to coordinate appearances because of our intensive training, travel and match schedule.
If interested in having a member of Sounders FC participate in your event, please review the guidelines and submit an online Player Appearance Request Form.
The guidelines have been developed as a way to create consistency and fairness to the organizations asking for Sounders FC participation in local events.
For school appearance requests, please visit our Together We Play program
Our 2013 player appearance request form is now live but please note we will not fill appearance requests until April, 2013.
Sounders FC have established a specific area for appearances. Organizations located within 30 miles of Seattle and centered on education and youth will generally receive consideration, depending on the nature and scope of the request or event.
Information you will need to complete the online donation form
- Event Information (Name, Date, Location, Description)
- Organization information (Name, Address, For-profit or 501(c)3 Tax ID #, Phone, etc.)
- Contact Information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number)
- All requests must be submitted online - phone, fax, or email requests will not be accepted
- Requests must be received at least eight (8) weeks prior to the event date.
- All online requests must include directions from the Starfire Sports Complex – 14800 Starfire Way, Tukwila, WA 98188. Please do not use an internet generated set of directions.
- Appearances will not be scheduled on the following:
- Match days
- Day before match day
- Travel days
- Player ‘off’ days
- During training, lunch and lifting – daily between 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Appearances last no more than 60 minutes and are granted only for events occurring within a 30 mile radius of Seattle, WA. Please consider driving time (with traffic) when submitting your request.
- For an event on an away game weekend, please understand Sounders FC may not know who will be available to appear, if any player will be able to appear at all, until the travel roster is released.
- Due to training, travel and other responsibilities, appearance requestors should know that player participation may not be confirmed until as little as a day before the event and that the player appearing might be limited to an injured or suspended player.
- Appearances will require a fee as set forth in the MLS Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Sounders FC Community Relations department will work with you on the collecting of that fee.
- A Sounders FC street team member, intern or volunteer will generally accompany every appearance with a player, coach or staff member. They will bring the appropriate item, if any, with them such as player cards, autograph pens, promo items or banners and will offer their assistance when appropriate.
Promoting your Sounders FC player appearance is a great idea. However, the use of the Seattle Sounders FC name, logo, trademarks and / or any advertising implying the support or sponsorship of an event or organization by Sounders FC must be approved in writing by Sounders FC. Before promoting a Sounders FC appearance, please contact Community Relations for final approval. This policy pertains to all forms of advertising, including print, television and radio.
Any failure to abide by this policy will result in legal consequences.
Once we’ve received your online request, please allow 2-4 weeks for processing.
If accepted, please bear in mind the training schedule can change at any time and that we cannot guarantee a specific player.
As a general rule, we do not make return visits within a calendar year and an approved appearance does not guarantee annual participation.
If for any reason we need to cancel an appearance due to last minute scheduling conflicts, we will notify your organization as soon as possible.