RENTON, Wash. - The Sounders FC announced today a free Windows 8 app is now available for download in the Windows Store. The free application will provide supporters with instant access to the club on any Windows 8 device. Features of the new app include the following:
• Access to all team news
• Full archive of team videos including Sounders FC Weekly, the CenturyLink Scouting Report and all daily features
• Real-time match information including live audio and match blogs
• Full club roster and player bios
• Multitasking support including the ability to watch videos within the Windows 8 sidebar
• Designed to work with the Microsoft Surface RT
• Engineered for use on touch and mouse devices
• Designed to integrate product information from Sounders FC partners via Microsoft Advertising ‘Premium’ products
This is the team’s fourth application for smart devices which includes the previously released iOS, Windows Phone and Roku applications. The Sounders plan to release an Android app prior to next season.
Since its launch in February 2009, SoundersFC.com has had more than 19 million visitors from 211 countries and 52 million page views. The club boasts one of the largest social media followings in Major League Soccer with over 277,000 fans on Facebook, 235,000 followers on Google+, 54,000 followers on Twitter, 15,000 likes on Foursquare and 5,000 followers on Instagram.
For more information on this application visit www.SoundersFC.com/Windows8.