- Height / Weight: 5-9 / 160
- Age: 24 (04/22/1989)
- Hometown: Dublin, Ireland
- How Acquired: Obtained in trade with Colorado Rapids on November 22, 2010.
- Previous Clubs: Colorado (MLS, 2010) , Rochester Rhinos (USL-1, 2008-09) , Aston Villa (England, 2006-07)
- Started 15 games for the 2010 MLS Cup champion Colorado Rapids
- Spent two years playing on the Aston Villa reserve squad
- Selected as the USL-1 Player of the Week in July 2008 and earned the Rhinos Rookie of the Year award
2010: Started 15 of 18 appearances for 2010 MLS Cup champion Colorado, logging 1413 minutes. Took five shots with two on goal. Made MLS debut in season opener at CHV (3/26), playing 88 minutes.
Other Professional Experience
2008-09: Signed with the USL-1 Rochester Rhinos in June 2008. In two years with Rochester, appeared in 41 games for 3,057 minutes and posted one goal and four assists. Earned the Rhinos 2008 Rookie of the Year Award. His stint with the Rhinos was highlighted by his stellar play during the month of July 2008, in which he was named to the USL-1 Team of the Week on three consecutive occasions (Weeks 13-15), including a Player of the Week honor for week 15 after his effort during the Rhinos 2-0 victory at Montreal on July 27.
2006-07: Spent time with the Aston Villa Reserve squad in the English Premier League. Was part of the U18 league champions and the Reserve League winners in 2008. Participated in the FA Youth Cup. Left Aston Villa in April 2008 by mutual consent.
Earls has been capped as a member of the Republic of Ireland's U15, U16, U18 and U19 teams.
Son of Keith and Treasa. Is the middle child of two sisters and three brothers. Enjoys drawing, primarily cartoons and comics.