Sounders FC Academy Homestay Program
The Sounders FC Homestay Program offers young players from around the country a unique opportunity to train and play with the Sounders FC Academy. These committed athletes have been identified by the Sounders recruiting department as individuals with the talent to develop as players within the Academy and make their way to the first team.
Sharing your home with a Sounders FC player will provide a unique and enriching opportunity for your entire family! Experience the reward of helping a young athlete achieve his dreams and support the two-time Sounders FC MLS Cup Champions by directly contributing to the future of the Club’s player development, deepen your connection with the Club and strengthen the bond within the entire Sounders FC community.
If selected to participate in the program, you will receive:
- Monthly stipend of $750 per player
- Two tickets to every Sounders FC 2022 home match
- Academy community support throughout the year, including management of players’ NCAA eligibility and academic schedules by our in-house Head of Education
What is Expected?
- The family will welcome the player into their home and coordinate with the player’s family as needed to ensure a smooth transition. The player will have his own room that includes a bed, a desk and chair, sufficient storage space, an internet connection, smoke detector in or by the player’s bedroom, linens/blankets/pillows/towels, laundry facility with detergent, and a bathroom (can be shared) with ample space for toiletries.
- Nutrition is a very important part of these young athletes' lives. The host family will provide balanced meals along with healthy snack options. Nutrition guidelines and support is offered to the host families by the Sounders Performance Staff.
- Transportation to and from school, practices and the airport on travel weekends will be provided by the host family. Host families should expect players to practice at least four days a week at the Starfire facility in Tukwila, and to have games most weekends. (If the player has his own car, it is his responsibility for maintenance, gas and insurance.)