Before we GiveBIG on May 5th, Impact Seattle is our mechanism to think BIG - to imagine the possibilities and explore the opportunities of what impact looks like in our community. At Sounders FC our call to action is United in Green, but the possibilities in Seattle are limitless. Over the next week we’ll partner with 8 different organizations, each working to make our region a healthier and more vital place to live in a different way. This year over 1,600 local nonprofits will benefit from Seattle Foundation’s one-day fundraiser GiveBIG. Which organization will you support?
- Monday, April 20: Sounders FC players, Front Office and Sounders 2 players have partnered with Habitat For Humanity to help build La Fortuna, a new affordable housing development for low-income families in Renton.
- Tuesday, April 21: Brad Evans and Chad Marshall will be at the South Lake Union Goodwill from 4:30 – 6pm signing autographs. We encourage fans to bring donated items to support Seattle Goodwill's Earth Day campaign, BreakUp4Good!
- Wednesday, April 22: This Earth Day the Sounders FC Front Office will team up with Washington Green Schools to create new rain gardens & murals at Viewlands Elementary, located in Piper’s Creek in Seattle.
- Thursday, April 23: Clint Dempsey, Obafemi Martins, and Sigi Schmid will join a cast of world-class speakers at the Key Arena as part We Day Seattle!
- Friday, April 24: Brad Evans and Roger Levesque need your vote for Men in Kilts as they help raise money to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington and Alaska.
- Saturday, April 25: Sounders FC are proud to support Seattle Children’s Research Institute by joining in on the fun for 2015’s Seattle Urban Trek. Be sure to sign up your team before April 24!
- Saturday, April 25: Celebrate young leaders with Sounders FC alumni Roger Levesque & Taylor Graham at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center Teen Action Fair.
- Sunday, April 26: Sounders FC are again teaming up with The Seattle Foundation to launch this year’s GiveBIG campaign! GiveBig is a one-day, online charitable giving event to inspire people to give generously to local nonprofit organizations.
- Sunday, April 26: Prior to Sunday’s match vs. Portland, please join us in the North Plaza at CenturyLink Field for our first ever Nonprofit Fair! In anticipation of GiveBIG, we will have a variety of nonprofits on hand to share their mission and vision!
- Groups participating include: America SCORES Seattle, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boyers Children's Clinic, Kindering, Plymouth Housing Group, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington and Alaska, Solid Ground, Street Soccer Seattle, United Way of King County, Washington Green Schools, Washington STEM and Washington Youth Soccer
Sounders FC Players Favorite Non-Profits
|Stefan Frei||Kidsport Ontario|
|Chad Barrett||Wounded Warrior|
|Clint Dempsey||East Texas Food Bank|
|Troy Perkins||Habitat for Humanity|
|Gonzalo Pineda||Donar Vida|
|Micheal Azira||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
|Lamar Neagle||The Neagle Foundation|
|Andy Rose||Humane Society|
|Cristian Roldan||Children's Cancer Fund|
|Osvaldo Alonso||Autism Speaks|
|Chad Marshall||Kirk Urso Memorial Fund|
|Brad Evans||Seattle Humane Society|
|Dylan Remick||Cancer for College|
|Zach Scott||Make-A-Wish Foundation|