Sounders FC offers talented young athletes a unique opportunity to train and play with the Sounders FC Academy, with the hopes to become professional athletes. Often these players come from outside of the Seattle-metro area, looking for opportunities to advance their academic and athletic ability.
- Introduce your family to a rewarding opportunity of supporting an athlete in achieving his dreams
- Support the future of Sounders FC’s player development
- Provide a stable, nurturing home as they grow and compete
- Connect more deeply with the team and club
- Monthly stipend to support financial cost
- 2 tickets to every Sounders FC 2018 home match
What to expect as a Homestay family
- The family will welcome the player into their home. The player must be provided his own room that includes a bed, a desk and chair, sufficient storage space, an internet connect, smoke detector in or by the player’s bedroom, linens/blankets/pillows/towels, laundry facility with detergent, dedicated bathroom with space for toiletries, and all utilities.
- Nutrition is a very important part of these young athletes' life. The host family must provide balanced meals along with healthy snack options. These players will be training at least four times a week with weekend matches and traveling.
- Transportation to and from school and practice will be provided by the host family unless the player has his own car. If this is the case the player will take care of his own maintenance, gas and insurance.
- A monthly stipend to support financial costs and 2 tickets to every Sounders FC 2018 home match are compensation for this.
Watch Sounders FC Academy player Nicholas Hinds and his Homestay family, the Tufts, describe the Homestay experience.
For more information about becoming a host family, please email Lauren Babcock, Academy Administrator at LaurenB@soundersfc.com or call 206- 267-7815. After the application is complete, a phone interview will be scheduled, followed by an in-house visit and finally a background check for all those who are 18 and older living in the home.