After years away exploring the Puget Sound and Pacific Ocean, the Sounder pod has returned to the Seattle coastline. A descendant of the original soccer-loving whale, Sammy the Sounder is a young whale who loves to dance, surf, and BOOM BOOM CLAP.
Sammy loves everything Rave Green, but his biggest passions are:
- Working on his soccer skills at Sounders FC Youth Camps, even though he doesn’t have the best fin-eye coordination. Sammy’s favorite position is goalie!
- Attending events, meeting players, and going to matches with Forever Green Kids Club.
- Playing soccer all over the city. He wants to make sure other kids like him can play easily and for free, so he helps bring soccer balls to kids in the Seattle area with RAVE Foundation.
- Working closely on Sounders FC’s Sustainability Initiative to teach other kids about living greener to practice environmental sustainability and build a better world.
- Hometown: Off the coast of Neah Bay
- Position: Goalie
- Height: 6'0"
- Favorite Hobby: Surfing and Soccer
- Favorite Animal: Sounders FC fans, of course!
- Least Favorite Animal: Timber Joey
- Favorite Food: Salmon Sashimi
- Favorite Color: Rave Green
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Orcas Island
- Favorite Sounders FC Matchday Moment: BOOM BOOM CLAP
- What Makes Sammy Smile? When kids give him “high-fins” before a match
At every Sounders FC home match, you can find Sammy in Sammy’s Habitat, inside the Kids Club, presented by Delta Dental. At Sammy’s Habitat, you can get your photo taken with Sammy and get his autograph on his special autograph card.
While there, sign up for the free Forever Green Kids Club, get your face painted, color a collective Sounders FC picture, and play other fun interactive activities. To learn more about the Forever Green Kids Club, click HERE.
Have a birthday party, school function, or other special event coming up and want to make a splash? Invite Sammy the Sounder to celebrate with you and make your event a whale of a time!