RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Sounders FC announced today the team will recognize and thank the fans at the final regular season home match versus FC Dallas on Sunday, October 21 on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field. First kick is set for 6 p.m. PT and will be broadcast nationwide on ESPN.
Throughout the match, the team and its partners will celebrate the loudest fans in the MLS by awarding prizes to fans and sections. Fan giveaways include the following:
- 20 round trip coach tickets for one to any destination served by the Amtrak Cascades route
- Two round trip coach tickets for two to any destination served by the Amtrak Cascades route
- Four adidas miCoach SPEED_CELL™ packages
- Five Samsung Blu-Ray DVD players
- CenturyLink will provide 700 fans with $10 CenturyLink Field concession vouchers
- 200 white carnations courtesy of Ballard Blossom
- 200 co-branded Sounders FC adidas mini soccer balls
- 11 authentic and match worn jerseys from Sounders FC players
- 25% off regular priced Sounders FC merchandise throughout the stadium and at the stadium Pro Shop
Prior to the team's March to the Match in Occidental Park, fans can enter to win autographed jerseys and team signed soccer balls starting at 4:15 p.m. The drawing for the prizes will take place in Occidental Park at 4:40 p.m.
The Sounders FC will also recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month as part of the league's effort to raise funds for breast cancer research and treatment. Collaborating with MLS partners adidas and Gatorade, matches will be played with a commemorative pink adidas PRIME match ball and players will use pink sideline towels. Players and referees will wear a special pink MLS W.O.R.K.S. ribbon patch on their jerseys, pink adidas sweat bands, pink shoelaces and several goalkeepers will use pink gloves to further support the cause. Game-worn autographed jerseys and the special-edition pink match balls will be available for auction at www.MLSsoccer.com/works
The local chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) will distribute 20,000 pink ribbons to fans as they enter the stadium. Representatives from ZTA and the Puget Sound affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will have booths in Soccer Celebration to share information on breast cancer and raise awareness.
The Pro Shop will be selling a variety of pink merchandise throughout the month with a pledge to donate 10% of the sales to the Pink Daisy Project. The Pink Daisy Project, headquartered in Bellevue, connects breast cancer patients under age 45 with assistance for everyday needs. For more information visit http://pinkdaisyproject.com/
Fans can raise awareness by wearing pink Sounders FC items throughout the month including: scarves, caps, t-shirts and lapel pins.