Sounders FC today announced a number of civic activations scheduled to take place throughout the Puget Sound region in the coming days, as community institutions join with the club to spread excitement and pride around the greater metropolitan area surrounding the Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs Western Conference Semifinals.
Several area landmarks plan to glow Rave Green this week, ahead of Thursday’s postseason match against the Portland Timbers at CenturyLink Field (7:30 p.m. PT / FS1, TSN, TVA, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
- All Washington State Ferries sailing into and out of Colman Dock in Seattle on Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8 will fly Sounders FC flags.
- Pike Place Market, one of Seattle’s most iconic and well-trafficked locations proudly displays its support for Sounders FC as Market celebrities Rachel the Piggy Bank and her cousin Billie the Piggy Bank dress in Sounders FC scarves on Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8.
Sounders fans are encouraged to help bring good fortune to the Rave Green by stopping in to take advantage of the area legend that promises luck to those who rub the snouts of the Piggy Banks and make a donation.
All donations to Rachel and Billie help support social services in Pike Place Market, so fans can give to a good cause while bringing luck to Sounders FC and capturing one-of-a-kind Seattle photographs.
Rachel is located at the main Market entrance, in front of Pike Place Fish Market, while Billie watches over the new MarketFront expansion area.
- The Russell Investments Center, through building owner CommonWealth Partners, returns with its popular “Born in ‘74” Sounders-themed lighting on Wednesday, November 7, complete with an 18-story “74” displayed in the windows along its west façade. The building’s top will light Rave Green on Thursday, November 8.
- The Allen Institute, founded by late Sounders FC owner and Seattle icon Paul Allen, lights green on Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8.
- The SR 520 bridge is scheduled to light its sentinels Rave Green on Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8.
- Columbia Center and its crown lighting will glow green in support of Sounders FC on Wednesday, November 7.
- CenturyLink Field and its recognizable arches are scheduled to light Rave Green on Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8.
- The Seattle Great Wheel will shine light the waterfront Rave Green on Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8, courtesy of designer Gerry Hall.
After finishing the regular season in second position in the Western Conference, Sounders FC earned a bye from Knockout Round action and is now amidst the Western Conference Semifinals, which takes place as a two-match, aggregate-goal series with the better-seeded club hosting the second leg of play.
Seattle traveled to Portland to face the Timbers over the weekend, where the Rave Green came out with a critical road goal, but ultimately lost 2-1. Sounders FC now prepares to host the second leg of play on Thursday, November 8. Single-match tickets are available at SoundersFC.com/Playoffs or by calling 877-MLS-GOAL.
Given the 2-1 result in the first leg of play, Seattle would advance to the Western Conference Championship with a shutout win (due to the away-goals tiebreaker) or a two-goal margin of victory. A draw or a loss would see Portland through, while a 2-1 Seattle win on Thursday would force extra time (and penalty kicks if necessary).