What is Posters by the People?
Posters by the People is a Sounders FC design contest presented by Museum Quality Framing where fans, artists and everyone in between have the chance to design a commemorative matchday poster to represent a home match in the 2019 regular season. Create a poster that celebrates Sounders FC players, supporters, the city of Seattle, MLS culture and more!
July 21 | By Cris DiNoto
Cris is a Seattle-based Graphic Designer currently working for ReelWorld Productions. He moved from Michigan to Seattle about a year ago. His first Sounders game was last summer's match vs the Portland Timbers, followed by the playoff game against the Timbers in October. The atmosphere in the stadium for those games feels like a fight-night boxing match, so he captured this feeling through a vintage boxing poster aesthetic and by using Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots as the boxers. Cris is beyond excited that his poster was chosen for such an iconic rivalry match.
March 2 | By Matt Milligan
BE A PART OF SOUNDERS FC HISTORY!
On top of becoming a part of Sounders FC history, winners will receive their poster as a limited edition chromaprint, a VIP matchday experience for themselves and three (3) friends, recognition on Sounders FC digital media channels and more!
- A limited edition chromaprint of your poster (visit mqf.com for more details)
- A VIP on-field matchday experience for you and three (3) guests
- Four (4) Club level match tickets
- A $100 gift card to Museum Quality Framing
- Recognition on the Sounders FC website, social handles and videoboards at CenturyLink Field
- Templates: Download the design templates here.
- Poster Size: 12" wide by 18" tall (vertical portrait submissions only)
- Formats: Poster designs need to be submitted digitally as a JPEG or TIFF
- Resolution: 300DPI in RGB color
- File Size: Maximum file size of 10mb
- Guidelines: The poster must include the match date and the matchup (Sounders FC versus Opponent). Design can't include the opposing team's logo. Creative must be appropriate (no vulgar language or graphics will be accepted). Optional: The match theme can be incorporated into the design.
- Special Instructions: We have provided optional templates for people to use that include: Adobe® Illustrator, Adobe® InDesign and Adobe® Photoshop. Sorry we can not accept physical artwork submissions. For other media types including: drawings, illustrations and paintings please scan or photograph a high resolution image at 300DPI and save it using either JPEG or TIFF format.
- Scans and photographs MUST be cropped and sized to exactly 12" x 18".
- Copyrighted Seattle landmarks such as the Space Needle or the CenturyLink Field arches cannot be utilized in posters as standalone items. They are only allowed as part of a larger Seattle skyline imagery or among other classic Seattle icons.
Poster submissions are due 3 (three) weeks prior to the matchday.
|Match Date||Opponent||Submission Deadline|
|Wednesday, April 24||San Jose Earthquakes||Wednesday, April 3|
|Sunday, April 28||Los Angeles FC||Sunday, April 7|
|Saturday, May 11||Houston Dynamo||Saturday, April 20|
|Wednesday, May 15||Orlando City SC||Wednesday, April 24|
|Saturday, June 29||Vancouver Whitecaps||Saturday, June 8|
|Sunday, July 14||Atlanta United FC||Sunday, June 23|
|Sunday, July 21||Portland Timbers||Sunday, June 30|
|Sunday, Aug. 4||Sporting Kansas City||Sunday. July 14|
|Saturday, Aug. 10||New England Revolution||Saturday, July 20|
|Sunday, Sep. 1||LA Galaxy||Sunday, Aug. 11|
|Sunday, Sep. 15||New York Red Bulls||Sunday, Aug. 25|
|Wednesday, Sep. 18||FC Dallas||Wednesday, Aug. 28|
|Sunday, Oct. 6||Minnesota United FC||Sunday, Sep. 15|