POSTERS BY THE PEOPLE is a Sounders FC design contest where fans, artists and everyone in between have the chance to design a commemorative matchday poster to represent a home match in the 2018 regular season. Create a poster that celebrates Sounders FC players, supporters, the city of Seattle, MLS culture and more!
June 23 | By Sam Pettit
Sam is a local illustrator in the Puget Sound area. This piece was inspired by the love and joy of athletics, and the power of group sports to bring people together. Sam hopes to represent the LGBTQI community through this piece, and celebrate the rich diversity of Seattle.
Email address for further art inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
BE A PART OF SOUNDERS FC HISTORY!
On top of becoming a part of Sounders FC history, winners will receive their poster as a limited edition chromaprint, a VIP matchday experience for themselves and three (3) friends, recognition on Sounders FC digital media channels and more!
- A limited edition chromaprint of your poster (visit mqf.com for more details)
- A VIP on-field matchday experience for you and three (3) guests
- Four (4) Club level match tickets
- A $100 gift card to Museum Quality Framing
- Recognition on the Sounders FC website, social handles and videoboards at CenturyLink Field
- Templates: Download the design templates here.
- Poster Size: 12" wide by 18" tall (vertical portrait submissions only)
- Formats: Poster designs need to be submitted digitally as a JPEG or TIFF
- Resolution: 300DPI in RGB color
- File Size: Maximum file size of 10mb
- Guidelines: The poster must include the match date and the matchup (Sounders FC versus Opponent). Design can't include the opposing team's logo. Creative must be appropriate (no vulgar language or graphics will be accepted). Optional: The match theme can be incorporated into the design.
- Special Instructions: We have provided optional templates for people to use that include: Adobe® Illustrator, Adobe® InDesign and Adobe® Photoshop. Sorry we can not accept physical artwork submissions. For other media types including: drawings, illustrations and paintings please scan or photograph a high resolution image at 300DPI and save it using either JPEG or TIFF format.
- Scans and photographs MUST be cropped and sized to exactly 12" x 18".
- Copyrighted Seattle landmarks such as the Space Needle or the CenturyLink Field arches cannot be utilized in posters as standalone items. They are only allowed as part of a larger Seattle skyline imagery or among other classic Seattle icons.
Poster submissions are due 3 (three) weeks prior to the matchday.
|Match Date||Opponent||Submission Deadline|
|Sunday, April 22||Minnesota United FC||Sunday, April 1|
|Saturday, May 5||Columbus Crew SC||Saturday, April 14|
|Saturday, June 9||D.C. United||Saturday, May 19|
|Saturday, June 30||Portland Timbers||Saturday, June 9|
|Saturday, July 21||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||Saturday, June 30|
|Sunday, July 29||New York City FC||Sunday, July 8|
|Saturday, August 18||LA Galaxy||Saturday, July 28|
|Saturday, September 1||Sporting Kansas City||Saturday, August 11|
|Saturday, September 29||Colorado Rapids||Saturday, September 8|
|Sunday, October 28||San Jose Earthquakes||Sunday, October 7|