Seattle Sounders FC believes sport should be a place where everyone belongs; equality is a team sport. Sounders FC:
- Celebrates diversity and inclusion
- Supports equality on/off the field
- Stands for dignity and respect for all
Join Seattle Sounders FC and the city of Seattle as we celebrate Pride Month 2018!
Here is a list of pride-related events. Check out how you can get involved.
Sounders FC today announced the establishment of the Sounders FC GSBA Scholarship, which, from 2018-2020, is set to provide $10,000 per year to a selected GSBA Scholar as part of the club’s strong, continuing commitment to supporting the LGBTQ and allied community in the Puget Sound region. Our 2018 inaugural Sounders FC GSBA Scholar is Fredrick Anex-Schnauss.
Fredrick is a queer and trans student from Seattle and attends the University of Washington Tacoma, where they are currently a junior majoring in Business Administration and Management with a minor in Corporate Social Responsibility. While Frederick has a passion for working with youth in outdoor education, they aim to use their degree to focus on shifting hiring practices and policies within companies, with the goal of creating workplace access and developing sustainable, just organizations.
- RSL match:
- Both teams wear "Soccer For All" T-shirts during procession and the national anthem
- The same shirts are available for fans to purchase at the MLS store and select retail locations; available in team colors or black and white
- Burien Pride Festival
- Sounders FC booth and RAVE octagon on site
In celebration of June as Pride month, we invite youth coaches from all sports to participate in a workshop. This event builds on a collaboration Sounders FC were a part of last year along with other members of the Seattle sports community which declared our support for equality in sport.
Our community partner Athlete Ally will lead a workshop for youth (K-12) coaches on LGBTQ inclusive athletic spaces. This training, will be led by Athlete Ally Executive Director Hudson Taylor and hosted by Seattle Sounders FC. Here are the details:
Date: Thursday, June 21
Time: Doors open at 6:30PM, program is from 7:00PM-8:30PM
Location: The NINETY
What: A workshop for youth (K-12) coaches from all sports on LGBTQ inclusive athletic spaces.
The workshop will help coaches understand:
- The obstacles for inclusion facing the LGBTQ community within sports;
- Practical steps coaches can take to be better allies within their communities;
- A clear action plan for how coaches can go back to their teams and ensure that everyone is welcomed and accepted — regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Beverages and light snacks will be provided.
- Rainbow streamers/flags
- Pride scarves sold in pro shop
- Pride of the Sound/GSBA/Starbucks pride network participating in opening ceremonies
- National anthem to be performed by former GSBA Scholar Christina Brewer
- Sounders FC captain to wear pride armband
- First ever Sounders FC “human rainbow” and shirt giveaway in the Xbox green zone; opportunity to receive a pride fanny pack by purchasing tickets HERE
- $5 of each ticket purchased via the offer goes back to GSBA Scholarship Fund
- Dream team made of LGBTQ youth from Seattle Girls School & their siblings/allied students
- Halftime: GSBA Scholarship check presentation and recognition of Sounders FC GSBA Scholar