The Seattle Sounders are just past the halfway point of the 2023 Major League Soccer season. With the weekend off, the Sounders return to action on Wednesday, June 21, against LAFC in Los Angeles (7:30 p.m. PT; Watch on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, 93.3 KJR FM, El Rey 1360AM).
Let’s take a look back at the season so far by the numbers.
- 4: Goals scored by Jordan Morris at Sporting Kansas City on March 25. Morris became the first player in the Sounders’ MLS history to score four times in a single match.
- 8: Homegrown Players to have appeared in an MLS match this year. Josh Atencio, Cody Baker, Reed Baker-Whiting, Ethan Dobbelaere, Sota Kitahara, Jordan Morris, Dylan Teves and Obed Vargas have all seen the field in league play for Head Coach Brian Schmetzer.
- 9: Shutouts for the Sounders this season, which leads MLS.
- 17: Goals allowed by the Sounders through 18 matches, or 0.94 GA/G. Seattle is on pace to break its franchise record of 0.97 GA/G set in 2012 when the club conceded just 33 times in 34 games.
- 26.13: Expected Goals for the Sounders this season, which is second in MLS behind only the Vancouver Whitecaps. Seattle’s Expected Goal Differential of 8.19 is also second in the league behind only LAFC.
- 32: Key Passes for captain Nicolás Lodeiro, which leads the Sounders and is tied for ninth in MLS.
- 43: Interceptions by Yeimar, which leads the league.
- 100: Career MLS clean sheets for goalkeeper Stefan Frei. The Sounders veteran became only the third goalkeeper in league history to hit the century mark when he recorded his 100th against the Portland Timbers on June 3.
- 7,860: Accurate passes by Seattle this season, most in MLS. The Sounders also lead the league in Accurate Forward Zone Passes with 4,349.
Every Match. Every Screen.
Watch tonight's road match against the Vancouver Whitecaps at 7:30 p.m. PT on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV.