As SEA 2026 welcomes FIFA and Concacaf representatives to Seattle this weekend for an official site visit as the delegation works to decide on its final list of host cities for the FIFA World Cup 2026™, the Emerald City has rallied behind the efforts, showcasing passionate support for bringing the beautiful game’s biggest event to the Puget Sound region.
MEDIA NOTE: A previously announced press conference with FIFA and SEA 2026 representatives is being held at 11:30 a.m. PT on Monday, November 1 at Lumen Field. Media interested in this event who have not already confirmed attendance should RSVP with Alex Caulfield [AlexC@SoundersFC.com] or Kelly Schutz [KellyS@SoundersFC.com] with Sounders FC Communications.
Civic pride surrounding the SEA 2026 bid will be reflected around the city in the following ways, concentrating on Saturday night as the delegation arrives in Seattle. Fans are encouraged to amplify their support on social media channels, sharing photos and using the hashtag #SEA2026, while tagging the bid’s official accounts, which can be found at @Seattle_2026 on both Twitter and Instagram.
• The Space Needle is set to fly a giant SEA 2026 flag on Monday, November 1 as the FIFA delegation tours the Seattle Center campus. The flag will be raised Monday morning and will fly throughout the day.
• The Fremont Troll says, “Scarves Up, Seattle!” as the acclaimed mixed media sculpture dons a Troll-sized SEA 2026 scarf in support of the city’s bid on Saturday, October 30.
• The Amazon Spheres in South Lake Union along Seventh Avenue glow SEA 2026 Emerald in support of the host city bid on Saturday, October 30.
• The Columbia Center and its Sky View Observatory crown lighting also go green high above the Seattle skyline on Saturday, October 30.
• The Hyatt Regency Seattle displays a towering “26” in window lighting along its 45-story façade on Saturday, October 30.
• Lumen Field, home of Sounders FC and potential host stadium for the FIFA World Cup 2026™, lights its arches SEA 2026 Emerald on Saturday, October 30.
• The Pacific Science Center sets their distinctive arches alight in SEA 2026 Emerald on Saturday, October 30.
• The Seattle Great Wheel is set to bathe the waterfront in SEA 2026 Emerald on Saturday, October 30.
• The Seattle Mariners support soccer in the Puget Sound by changing T-Mobile Park’s magenta lighting to SEA 2026 Emerald on Saturday, October 30.
• The Washington State Convention Center provides an emerald glow downtown on Saturday, October 30.
• The Westin Seattle lights its distinctive towers in shades of emerald on Saturday, October 30.