Seattle Sounders FC today announced activities surrounding the club’s home match this Saturday against the Portland Timbers (7:30 p.m. PT / Apple TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM). Presented by matchday sponsor Bud Light, the evening pits Seattle against its archrival to the south in a match with major implications in the race for the MLS Cup Playoffs and Cascadia Cup standings.
The intense rivalry between the clubs is one of MLS’ most heated, with Sounders-Timbers matches consistently bringing intense action and attitude. For Saturday’s match, the club has opened further seating options in the upper level in response to demand. Fans looking to attend the game should purchase tickets as soon as possible in order to secure the best available options, and Sounders FC encourages everyone to come be a part of the rivalry night.
Additionally, the Cascadia clash includes a special Youth Soccer Night ticket offer, allowing youth teams, soccer families, coaches and parents the ability to receive exclusive Sounders-branded soccer socks with ticket purchase, while supplies last.
Sounders FC encourages fans to utilize transit and alternative forms of transportation to attend matches. For those arriving by bicycle, a complimentary bike valet program presented by Providence is available, as Providence extends its green initiatives through its partnership with Sounders FC. As part of Providence’s vision of health for a better world, it is committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions in an effort to become carbon negative. Across the health system, Providence is making meaningful changes that have reduced emissions by 11.5 percent per year, compared to its 2019 baseline. More about Providence’s commitment to environmental stewardship and progress can be found here.
The bike valet program is available at all of Sounders FC’s MLS regular-season matches through this Saturday. Located on Occidental Avenue near the north parking lot of the stadium, bicycles can be parked with the bike valet – operated by Cascade Bicycle Club – starting two hours before kickoff and must be claimed no later than one hour after the final whistle.
Outside the stadium before the game, fans can stop by Occidental Square Park from 5:00-6:30 p.m. PT to enjoy SoundCheck, Sounders FC’s free pre-match programming held ahead of select home matches. SoundCheck provides free entertainment and activities for all ages in a festive, party-like atmosphere, including live music, food trucks, appearances by Sammy the Sounder and giveaways. This Sunday’s edition of SoundCheck includes music by Cumulus, the creative outlet of singer and songwriter Alexandra Lockhart. Cumulus serves indie pop tunes centered in gratitude and learning from the past.
Gates open at 6:00 p.m. PT on Sunday and fans wishing to take part in the Emerald City Supporters’ official March to Match are encouraged to join in as SoundCheck wraps up, with the march departing Occidental Square Park at 6:30 p.m. PT on its way to Lumen Field.
Outside of the northwest gates are several fun, interactive activities in which fans can participate ahead of the match, including:
• A brightly wrapped Sounders FC Prius marks the spot for Western Washington Toyota Dealers, where a variety of Sounders prizes are available to win.
• Stop by the RAD Power Bikes setup to take a spin on an e-bike outside of the stadium, with those who complete a test ride entered to win a custom RAD power bike.
For fans arriving to the game and enjoying the atmosphere outside of Lumen Field before entering, Seattle-based funk-hop group, Marshall Law Band, performs a pre-match concert near the stadium's southwest gate on Occidental Avenue from 6:00-7:30 p.m. PT. The band is led by Marshall Hugh and backed by a five-piece, instrument-toting groove machine.
Once inside the stadium, fans can enjoy the continuation of Sounders FC’s BIPOC and diverse-owned food truck and pop-up restaurants, presented by First & Goal Inc. and Levy. Curated by Intentionalist, these local small businesses align with Sounders FC’s social impact and cultural calendar, giving fans the opportunity to discover new culinary delights with food trucks in Lumen Field’s North Plaza and a pop-up restaurant location in Lumen Field’s PNW Marketplace concessions area, located in the east concourse outside of Section 113.
Saturday’s lineup includes food trucks Now Make Me A Sandwich, serving a wide variety of sandwiches inspired by cuisine all over the world, and MexiCuban, delivering a unique fusion of flavors, including signature Fluffy Tacos and Cuban sandwiches. The PNW Marketplace features Creamy Cone Café, run by three generations of women who serve up locally sourced ice cream, fresh waffle cones, espresso beverages and quick café eats.
The North Plaza is also home to the Bud Light Zone, which features tailgate games and activities including giant Jenga, Connect 4 and more fun for guests of all ages.
At Lumen Field’s Cityside Bar, fans can partake in Tequila Herradura Happy Hour from 6:00-7:30 p.m. PT, where $9 Tequila Herradura Sounderitas are available, as well as lawn games and the opportunity to enter to win unique prizes.
Throughout the stadium, fans can explore and participate in a wide variety of activities, located in the West Field Plaza and, for Saturday’s match, a special youth activation area in the upper level, outside Section 308-311. Activities on Saturday include:
• The Providence Challenge – Fans can test their soccer and mental skills through three different activities at The Providence Challenge, as well as having the opportunity to take the Providence Pledge to promise to better their mental health. All participating fans will be entered to win an autographed Sounders FC jersey or a pair of tickets to an upcoming home match.
• Crossbar Challenge, Presented by Western Washington Toyota Dealers – At Saturday’s match highlighting youth soccer, the first five kids to hit the crossbar in this interactive skills challenge earn a chance to take a kick on-field at halftime. If one of the young players hits a crossbar at halftime, Western Washington Toyota Dealers donates $1,000 to RAVE Foundation.
• Protect the Net, Presented by American Family Insurance – Fans can put their skills to the test in this virtual goalkeeping game for a chance to take home some co-branded swag.
• Sounders Penalty Kick – A digital activation where fans get five chances to score a goal against a virtual goalkeeper.
• Soccer Skee-ball – This activation allows fans to play a soccer-themed version of Skee-Ball, kicking a ball down a ramp, rather than rolling it, in order to score as many points as possible.
• Soccer Billiards – Fans can play a soccer-themed version of pool, challenging a partner and kicking colored soccer balls into the oversized pool table pockets before their opponent does.
• RAVE 2026 Kick Experience – Learn about RAVE Foundation’s 26 Fields by 2026 campaign and attempt to kick a soccer ball through a hole.
• FIFA Gaming Station – Challenge an opponent to a friendly match of FIFA ’23.
• * Lumen Lens –* This augmented reality photobooth places fans in photos with their favorite players.
• * Sit & Soccer –* A one-on-one table soccer game where fans attempt to outscore their opponent.
• Scarves Up! Photo Activation – Raise a scarf and recreate the club’s iconic matchday moment in this new photobooth.
• Sounders ‘Til I Die Instagram Wall – Themed photo opportunity for fans to grab the perfect social media shot.
• Face Painting – Located in the upper level on Saturday, kids can get free face painting to show their Sounders pride, courtesy of Hoopla Face Painting.
With September marking Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, MLS continues its annual Kick Childhood Cancer campaign. Fans will notice players wearing KCC-themed pre-match tops and the field is equipped with gold goal nets and corner flags, along with KCC-themed soccer balls.
Saturday’s national anthem is being performed by 10-year-old Yolanda Ji, who previously performed for the crowd to much acclaim earlier this season. The “Scarves Up!” moment is being led by the Northeast Seattle Little League team, who recently represented the region in Little League World Series play.
For further information regarding any of the activities mentioned here, please contact a member of Sounders FC Communications. To learn more about Sounders FC matchdays, health and safety and how to be prepared to attend a match, visit SoundersFC.com/Matchday/Know-Before-You-Go.
Single-match tickets for each of the club’s remaining MLS home matches are currently on sale. In addition, Sounders FC Season Memberships and Partial Season Ticket Packages are still available. To purchase single-match tickets or any other ticket packages, fans can call 877-657-4625 or email Sales@SoundersFC.com. Complete information on all Sounders FC ticket packages can be found via SoundersFC.com/Tickets.