Following a four-match road stretch through the end of September, Sounders FC returns home to Lumen Field this Sunday, October 3, hosting the Colorado Rapids (7:00 p.m. PT / FOX 13+, Prime Video, 1090 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
Ahead of the match, the Rave Green remind their fans of the updated health and safety policies announced by Sounders FC, the Seattle Seahawks and Lumen Field earlier this month, which includes proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative FDA-approved COVID-19 test in order to enter the stadium and continued use of face masks in all areas of the stadium at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
Vaccination verification for all Lumen Field events went into effect on September 19, and this Sunday marks the first Sounders FC home match since that implementation. Fans are encouraged to arrive early, as entry may take longer than usual due to the required vaccination verification processes.
Per the updated regulations, starting this Sunday fans ages 12 and older who wish to attend Sounders FC matches are required to show proof of full vaccination in order to be allowed to enter the stadium. Fans who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to participate in vaccination verification may still be granted entry with proof of a negative FDA-approved COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of kickoff. At-home, self-administered test results are not being accepted. Children younger than 12 are allowed to enter, with no testing proof required.
In order to qualify as fully vaccinated, a fan must have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) or the single dose of the one-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson / Jansen) at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the match. For example, to be eligible to attend the October 3 home match, such vaccination must have been administered on or before September 19.
To simplify the vaccination verification process, Sounders FC encourages all fans to utilize the free CLEAR mobile app and its Health Pass feature. CLEAR’s Health Pass provides a no-cost mobile experience on the CLEAR app, securely connecting a person’s verified identity to their proof of vaccination.
Using CLEAR’s Health Pass vaccination verification system expedites entry and is Sounders FC’s preferred method of vaccination verification beginning October 3.
Fans can use this link to directly download CLEAR and begin using Health Pass: https://clear.app.link/Sounders\Attendee\Vax. Helpful information, including a step-by-step guide to downloading and setting up CLEAR Health Pass, can also be found on Sounders FC’s Know Before You Go webpage.
Minors ages 14-17 can be added to a parent or guardian’s Health Pass account, allowing the minor the ability to then download the CLEAR app, log into their account, add proof of vaccination and generate their own Health Pass. Due to current best practices, CLEAR does not provide a Health Pass for minors ages 12-13. Anyone unable to use CLEAR’s Health Pass is required to provide physical proof of vaccination status at the stadium.
Below is additional information regarding the vaccination requirement for Sounders FC matches.
HOME MATCHES AND VACCINATED STATUS
In conjunction with the Seattle Seahawks and Lumen Field, all events at Lumen Field currently require vaccination verification for entry. Sounders FC is therefore implementing its vaccination verification system beginning with the club’s October 3 home match and continuing through the remainder of the 2021 season and any possible postseason matches.
Beginning October 3, eligibility for entry to Sounders FC matches is based on the following protocols:
• Fans 12 and older must show proof of being fully vaccinated in order to gain entry to matches. “Fully vaccinated” indicates that on the date of the match, it has been at least two weeks (14 days) since an individual and anyone they are purchasing a ticket for (12+) received the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) or the single dose of the one-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson / Jansen).
- To attend the October 3 home match as fully vaccinated under this protocol, fans must have received their second dose of the two-dose vaccines series or the single dose of the one-dose vaccine on or before September 19.
• Fans 12 and older who are fully vaccinated and show valid vaccination documentation can purchase tickets.
• Children younger than 12 are allowed to attend matches, with no further requirements in place; however, children must also adhere to the prescribed mask mandate.
• Fans 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to participate in vaccination verification may still attend matches, but must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of kickoff using an FDA-approved test; at-home, self-administered tests are not valid. These fans, like all fans in the stadium, must also adhere to the prescribed mask mandate.
• There is no onsite testing available. Testing must be completed independently prior to matchday.
Upon arrival at the gate, staff will confirm fan vaccination or test documentation. Once confirmed, fans are allowed to enter the stadium. The following methods are acceptable as proof of full vaccination (if 12 years or older):
• CLEAR mobile app Health Pass verification.
- The CLEAR Health Pass is Sounders FC’s preferred method of vaccination verification. It is strongly encouraged that all guests ages 14 and older utilize Health Pass to provide a secure and expedited entry process.
• Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date of last dose administered).
• A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document.
• A photo of the attendee’s vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device.
• Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider, electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.
• NOTE: Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a healthcare provider cannot be accepted.
For fans opting to show proof of a negative COVID-19 rest result, the following methods are acceptable as proof of such a result, obtained within 72 hours of kickoff:
• Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory).
• An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed and date of negative test result.
- Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, a laboratory, or a healthcare provider cannot be accepted. This includes at-home, self-administered tests.
- NOTE: All tests must be FDA-approved and verifiable, with the date of the administered test within the 72 hours prior to kickoff.
Documentation of vaccination status and personal identification documentation must be available upon request at any time. Anyone without proof of vaccination or a negative test as described above will not be permitted entry to Sounder FC matches beginning October 3 and through the remainder of the 2021 season and postseason.