Following a 1-0 victory over FC Dallas on Tuesday, Seattle Sounders FC secured its place in the 2020 Western Conference Final, marking the fourth time in five seasons that the club has reached the conference championship. The Rave Green host Minnesota United FC at Lumen Field on Monday, December 7 in a 6:30 p.m. PT kickoff (FS1, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM), presented by Fred Meyer, to determine the winner of the West and with a berth in MLS Cup on the line.
Ahead of the match, the Seattle area continues to support its soccer team in a wide variety of ways. Fans can look for the following special activations around town.
- All Washington State Ferries sailing into and out of Colman Dock on Bainbridge and Bremerton routes are flying Sounders FC flags on matchday.
- Starbucks raises a specially crafted giant Sounders FC flag from the top of its corporate headquarters in SoDo on Monday, December 7.
- At Pike Place Market, the famous Pike Place Fish Market fishmongers are supporting their local club by donning Sounders FC gear and decorating their Market stall, while Rachel the Piggy Bank will don her Sounders FC Scarf.
- Beloved Seattle landmark and entertainment venue The Showbox is displaying a special playoff message for the club on its famous downtown marquee through the weekend and match night.
- Starting tonight and running through Monday, December 7, the Hyatt Regency Seattle will display a towering “GO SFC” message in window lighting along its 45-story façade.
In addition, the exterior of the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington is shining green for the club on Monday, as well.
- The Amazon Spheres in South Lake Union along Seventh Avenue glow Rave Green for Sounders FC on match night, Monday, December 7.
- The top of the Russell Investments Center will add more to the skyline glow on Monday, December 7, as it lights green.
- The Allen Institute, founded by late Sounders FC Owner and Seattle visionary Paul Allen, lights green on match night.
- The Seattle Mariners continue to support their neighbors by changing T-Mobile Park’s magenta lighting to Rave Green on Monday, December 7.
In addition, the statue of Mariners legend and recent addition to the Sounders FC Ownership Group Ken Griffey Jr., located on the corner of First Avenue and Edgar Martinez Drive, will be dressed in a Sounders FC jersey.
- Lumen Field and its recognizable arches are scheduled to light Rave Green for the match.
- The 520 Bridge is lighting its sentinels green for the club Monday evening.
- The Columbia Center and its crown lighting also go green high above the Seattle skyline for the conference championship match.
Having claimed victories over LAFC and FC Dallas on its playoff path thus far, Sounders FC now faces Minnesota United FC in the Western Conference Final this Monday at Lumen Field (6:30 p.m. PT / FS1, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM), presented by Fred Meyer. A victory would send Seattle to the 2020 MLS Cup Championship, giving Brian Schmetzer’s club a chance to claim its third league title in five seasons.