This week Sounders FC is training in Tucson, Arizona, and participating in the 2015 Desert Diamond Cup as part of its final preseason trip. On Wednesday, the Rave Green won 6-0 over PDL side FC Tucson in their first match of the tournament. Thursday afternoon, the club announced it will host Mexican side Club Tijuana for an international friendly on March 24.
Here are the latest Rave Green headlines from regional and national media:
- Brian Straus of SI.com profiled new General Manager & President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey, emphasizing his transition from Real Salt Lake to Seattle.
- Sounder at Heart ran a reaction piece regarding the news that Seattle would face Xolos in a friendly next month.
- Matt Pentz of The Seattle Timesrecapped the last few days of Sounders news, which included the club’s 1-1 draw with Minnesota United FC in a friendly on Thursday.
- Ross Fletcher, the voice of Sounders FC, joined KIRO Radio 97.3 FM’s Jason Rantz to preview the upcoming MLS season.
- Tucson.com noted its top 11 players to watch in the Desert Diamond Cup, which included Clint Dempsey, Obafemi Martins and Tyrone Mears.
- SoundersFC.com provided in-depth coverage of the Xolos announcement, featuring a Q&A with Lagerwey and Club Tijuana 101.