We are just one week from the start of the 2015 MLS regular season. Sounders FC will be back in Seattle on Sunday, but first the club plays its final preseason match on Saturday against Sporting Kansas City. It has also been a momentous past few days for S2, which announced its first-ever player signings and scrimmaged with a couple of collegiate sides all in the last week.
Here is the most prominent news regarding the Rave Green from regional and national media:
- Announced on Thursday, the nominees for the U.S. National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2015 include Kasey Keller, Chris Henderson and Ante Razov.
- Prost Amerika ran a story on why the signings of Duncan McCormick and Amadou Sanyang will build a strong base for S2.
- MLSSoccer.com reported on Seattle’s usage of a 3-5-2 formation against Sporting KC last weekend and profiled Sounders GM and President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey ahead of his first season with the club.
- The News Tribune profiled Charlie Lyon, whom Head Coach Sigi Schmid labeled the Sounders’ No. 3 goalkeeper heading into the regular season.
- The Seattle Times ran a game recap of the club’s 2-1 defeat to the New England Revolution on Wednesday.
- SoundersFC.com provided full coverage of the S2 signings, including interviews with both McCormick and Sanyang.