Anne Becker, a mother of two who lives in Bremerton and is a huge Seattle Sounders fan, thought it was just another day of chemotherapy last Friday...until she received a surprise phone call.
Who was on the other line? Sounders forward Will Bruin.
For several minutes, the MLS veteran chatted with Becker, who is battling leiomyosarcoma. They talked about a variety of topics, including her son's soccer games and her mindset of fighting cancer for the second time.
Here are a couple of our favorite lines:
- 00:45 - "You do realize you're one of our favorite players, and you're talking to the mom of a center back!"
- 3:10 - "Oh my goodness, I can't believe I'm talking to Will Bruin!"
- 5:16 - "Oh my goodness, oh wow. And I am wearing my Sounders scarf!"
- 5:55 - "Thank you. It's nice to talk soccer with someone who definitely knows and understands the game."
- 6:35 - "Thank you so much, I appreciate it. Go Sounders!
- 6:50 - "There will be plenty of soccer games in the future that I will be making it to."
You can learn about Anne from her blog HERE.