- Sounders FC sits in fifth place in the Western Conference standings with 48 points (14-13-6), level with Sporting Kansas City but holding the total-wins tiebreaker. SKC holds a game in-hand, with Peter Vermes' side scheduled to play Colorado on Wednesday, October 21. The Rave Green aim to secure a spot in the postseason in the final match of the 2015 regular season next Sunday vs. Real Salt Lake at CenturyLink Field.
- Seattle leads the all-time series with Houston at 5-3-3, but the away side has failed to win in 11 all-time meetings. The Dynamo are now 3-0-2 against Sounders FC in Houston, while Sigi Schmid's side is 5-0-1 against Houston at CenturyLink Field.
- With the draw, Sounders FC extends its unbeaten streak to seven games (3-0-4), tied for the second-longest run in club history. The longest streak without a loss for Seattle is nine matches (6-0-3) back in 2009.
- Obafemi Martins now has 15 goals this season, matching Clint Dempsey's 2014 total for the second-highest in club history. Martins, who has scored nine times in his last 10 appearances, is now just two goals short of his club-record 17 goals set last season.
- Andreas Ivanschitz recorded his first assist as a Sounder when his corner-kick found Martins for the equalizer in the 82nd minute. The Austrian midfielder, who signed with the club on August 4, scored his first MLS goal against Vancouver on August 19.
“We need to get Clint [Dempsey] and Oba [Martins] the ball, and we didn't give them the ball enough. There were some misconnections that result in the first half. I didn't think we did a good job with keeping possession in the final third. We need to be a little more patient. They were a little impatient. We need to get the ball to them. The ball's got to move quicker.”
“We're going to be more aggressive [next weekend]. It's preparation. We want to get the points and we want to establish that home-game win for us. We've gone on the road now. We tied LA. Coming back late, but I really thought we took the game to them. We were unlucky just holding to a tie. But we've gone on the road to Kansas City, we've gone on the road here and we've pulled off ties in not easy places to play.”
“Everybody was frustrated at halftime. I think from back to front, we weren't finding the passes in the midfield from the back and also skipping the midfield to find the guys up top. We've got to do a better job of getting everybody involved and that's on us to be more aware of our surroundings and playing a certain way. We've got to look at tape and figure out what it takes to pick out these guys up top and get them involved in the game earlier on so that we can put them under more pressure.”
“It is what it is. Tough to play away against a team that has to win otherwise they find themselves out of it. It's always going to be a difficult task - one that is very similar to a playoff situation, so obviously it's good to come back from a goal down. We had a couple half chances before that, as well. And after that, maybe a penalty shot, but it is what it is and we leave it to the last game.”