FRISCO, TEX. - Sounders FC (0-2-0, 0 points) concluded its two-match road trip on Sunday afternoon with a 3-0 loss to FC Dallas (1-1-0, 3 points) at Toyota Stadium. Roland Lamah recorded a brace for the home side, as Seattle heads into a FIFA international break with a pair of losses in MLS play. The Rave Green return to action on March 31 with a home match against the Montreal Impact (7:00 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
FC Dallas struck first in the 20th minute courtesy of Roland Lamah. Michael Barrios got behind the defense on the right flank, took the ball all the way down near the touchline before crossing to Lamah for an easy tap-in. Before the halftime break, Brian Schmetzer's side was reduced to 10 men in today's contest following a red card that was issued to Clint Dempsey in the 37th minute of play.
Maximiliano Urruti made it 2-0 in the second half when he found some space in the final third and delivered a rocketed shot from distance, beyond the reach of Stefan Frei and into the top corner of the net. Lamah completed his brace in the 63rd minute, slipping behind the defense on a pass from Anton Nedyalkov and chipping Frei as the goalkeeper came off his line.
After Sunday's match, Brian Schmetzer's side has a bye week due to a FIFA international break, with four Seattle players headed for national team duty. The club's next match set for Saturday, March 31 against the Montreal Impact on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field (7:00 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
- With the result, Sounders FC moves to 0-2-0 on the season, with the next MLS match coming on March 31 at home against the Montreal Impact on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field (7:00 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
- Today marked the first start of the season for Kelvin Leerdam, who made his 2018 debut as a substitute against Chivas Guadalajara on Wednesday. The Dutch fullback had previously not factored for Sounders FC this year due to a right ankle sprain.
- Handwalla Bwana made his first career MLS start on Sunday, having previously come on a substitute against LAFC on March 4. The rookie Homegrown Player made his first professional start in the first leg of the SCCL Quarterfinals against Chivas Guadalajara.
- Alex Roldan made his MLS debut when he came on a substitute for Handwalla Bwana in the 64th minute. The 2018 First Round MLS SuperDraft selection from Seattle University and brother of Sounders FC midfielder Cristian Roldan made his professional debut in the first leg of the SCCL Round of 16 matchup at Santa Tecla FC on February 22.
- Kim Kee-hee made his MLS debut when he came on for Román Torres in the 74th minute. The South Korean defender made his Sounders FC debut as an injury substitution in Wednesday's loss at Chivas Guadalajara.
- Clint Dempsey was issued a red card in the 37th minute, forcing Seattle to play the final 53 minutes with 10 men.
- Following Sunday's match, four Sounders FC players depart for international duty for the upcoming FIFA international break. Cristian Roldan (United States), Román Torres (Panama), Gustav Svensson (Sweden) and Jordy Delem (Martinique) are all set to leave following Sunday's match to represent their nations in the upcoming week.
LINEUPS & STATS
Seattle Sounders FC - Stefan Frei; Kelvin Leerdam, Román Torres - captain (Kim Kee-hee 74'), Chad Marshall, Nouhou; Gustav Svensson, Cristian Roldan, Harry Shipp (Lamar Neagle 52'), Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Handwalla Bwana (Alex Roldan 64'); Clint Dempsey
Substitutes not used: Bryan Meredith, Jordan McCrary, Jordy Delem, Henry Wingo
FC Dallas - Jimmy Maurer; Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Anton Nedyalkov; Carlos Gruezo, Jacori Hayes (Paxton Pomykal 68'), Michael Barrios, Mauro Diaz (Cristian Colman 80'), Roland Lamah (Santiago Mosquera 80')
Substitutes not used: Kyle Zobeck, Maynor Figueroa, Ryan Hollingshead, Tesho Akindele