The Seattle Sounders are in Orlando taking on Orlando City SC on Wednesday evening (4:30 p.m. PT; JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM). A win or draw and the Rave Green will secure their 10th consecutive playoff berth, tied for most in Major League Soccer history. Here is the Delta Starting XI:
- Other than losing Nicolás Lodeiro to international duty, tonight’s lineup mirrors the October 8 first XI vs. Houston, just with Handwalla Bwana stepping in for the Uruguayan in attack. Víctor Rodríguez slides over from the left wing into attacking midfield, while Bwana is set to start on the left side. Cristian Roldan continues on the right. Tonight marks Bwana’s sixth career start in his rookie campaign.
- Both Lodeiro and Gustav Svensson are expected to meet their teammates in Houston. Lodeiro is currently returning to Seattle from Asia, where Uruguay faced both South Korea and Japan. Meanwhile, Svensson is doing the same after joining Sweden for UEFA Nations League matches versus Russian and Slovakia.
- Due to two yellow cards picked up on international duty with Martinique on October 13 against Puerto Rico, Jordy Delem continues his role in central midfield alongside Ozzie Alonso. Delem’s two cautions ruled him out of Martinique’s second CONCACAF Nations League match vs. the British Virgin Islands on October 16, paving the way for his return to the Rave Green.
- After starting against the United States Men’s National Team Tuesday night in Connecticut for Peru, forward Raúl Ruidíaz is on the bench this evening after meeting his teammates earlier today in Orlando.
- Román Torres continues to be a scratch due to a right knee contusion.