PREDICTIONS: FiveThirtyEight maps out Seattle Sounders’ Decision Day chances

The Seattle Sounders can finish anywhere between second and fifth in the Western Conference after their Decision Day clash with the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at CenturyLink Field (1:30 p.m. PT; JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM | TICKETS). Here’s what FiveThirtyEight’s predictions showed for the Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs:

  • The Sounders have a 45 percent chance of earning a Knockout Round bye.
  • The Sounders have a 69 percent chance of winning on Sunday, a 12 percent chance of losing and a 19 percent chance of a draw.

The Sounders would earn a Knockout Round bye with a win, and if FC Dallas draws or loses at the Colorado Rapids. Here are those predictions:

  • FC Dallas has a 41 percent chance of winning, and a 59 percent chance of dropping points (32 percent loss, 27 percent draw).

You can see FiveThirtyEight’s full predictions here, and full Sounders playoff scenarios here.

Topics: