As Sounders FC heads into its 12th consecutive postseason – marking the longest active playoff streak in MLS history and the second-longest active stretch of any major sports league in the United States – Seattle institutions are preparing show their support of the club.
The Rave Green take on LAFC on Tuesday evening at Lumen Field in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs, and fans can see Rave Green pride reflected around the city ahead of the match in the following ways.
- All Washington State Ferries sailing into and out of Colman Dock on Bainbridge and Bremerton routes are flying Sounders FC flags on matchday, Tuesday, November 24.
- At Pike Place Market, the famous Pike Place Fish Market fishmongers are supporting their local club by donning Sounders FC gear and decorating their Market stall, while Rachel the Piggy Bank will don her Sounders FC Scarf on Tuesday, November 24.
- Beloved Seattle landmark and entertainment venue The Showbox is displaying a special playoff message for the club on its famous downtown marquee.
- The Seattle Mariners support their neighbors by changing T-Mobile Park’s magenta lighting to Rave Green on Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24.
In addition, the statue of Mariners legend and recent addition to the Sounders FC Ownership Group Ken Griffey Jr., located on the corner of First Avenue and Edgar Martinez Drive, will be dressed in a Sounders FC jersey through Tuesday night.
- Seattle’s iconic MoPOP – the Museum of Pop Culture – is glowing green for Sounders FC on Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24.
- The Allen Institute, founded by late Sounders FC Owner and Seattle visionary Paul Allen, lights green on Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24.
- Lumen Field and its recognizable arches are scheduled to light Rave Green on Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24.
- The 520 Bridge is lighting its sentinels on Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24.
- The Columbia Center and its crown lighting go green on Tuesday, November 24.
Having claimed the Western Conference’s second seed, Sounders FC faces seventh seed LAFC on Tuesday, November 24 (7:30 p.m. PT / ESPN, ESPN Deportes, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM) in the final match of opening round postseason action. With a win, Seattle would advance to the Western Conference Semifinal, where the Rave Green would host FC Dallas, who prevailed over the Portland Timbers in a dramatic shootout on Sunday evening.