Head Coach Sigi Schmid and former goalkeeper Kasey Keller, two Seattle Sounders FC legends, made headlines this week for being elected to the National Soccer Hall of Fame. Schmid is the MLS all-time leader in wins, while Keller had a prolific career in Europe and with the U.S. Men’s National Team before spending his final three seasons with the Sounders. Meanwhile, the Rave Green eagerly anticipate returning to the pitch against defending MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy Sunday evening (4:00 p.m. PT / FOX Sports 1).
Here’s the latest news and notes surrounding the club:
- Q13 FOX’s Michelle Ludtka met with Kasey Keller for an interview on top of the Space Needle discussing the Hall of Fame and how he became a goalkeeper.
- Dylan Remick earned write-ups on his first start of the season from Matt Pentz of The Seattle Times, Don Ruiz of The News Tribune and Ari Liljenwall of MLSsoccer.com.
- Sounder at Heart prepped for the LA Galaxy match with previews on keys to the game and three deciding questions.
- MLSsoccer.com created a spiffy infographic leading up to Sunday's match, which features the league’s top two teams since 2009.
- Kevin Baxter of The Los Angeles Times chatted with SoundersFC.com about Sunday’s fixture in the latest edition of From the Other Side.
- Ahead of S2’s match against Portland Timbers 2 on Saturday, the club learned when it will play its first-ever Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup fixture.
- As always, SoundersFC.com is the hub for all news and notes surrounding the club, including a collection of the season's goals from Obafemi Martins and Clint Dempsey, plus interviews with Head Coach Sigi Schmid and defender Dylan Remick.