New feature time here at SoundersFC.com! Each week going forward, I'm going to connect with a trusted source on the Sounders upcoming opposition...and grill them for all the inside info they can provide. As it stands right now, I'll have said media type discuss the following:
- The club's dangerman (you probably already know this individual)
- A player to watch (you may not know this individual)
- A recent tweet regarding said team that may be quite telling
- This person's favorite stat as it relates to the Sounders next foe
- Moment of the Month - simple...the best thing that's happened to the club in the last month
- Three thoughts on the match - that's one and two and three thoughts
First up is a good buddy of mine, one of much repute, none other than Brian Dunseth. This mercurial American soccer presence calls games all across the country for a host of different teams and networks, is the part-owner of the super popular soccer culture clothing brand Bumpy Pitch AND also rocks the Instagrams with some great photos of his kids and the food he cooks. Busy guy.
His main role however is the lead color guy for RSL, so I wanted his take on the upcoming match against the Claret and Cobalt. Check out all his juicy tidbits below.
Dangerman: Javier Morales, MF
I know, the obvious choice. But Javi's been having one of his best seasons in an RSL uniform and his matchup with Ozzie could be vital both for RSL and Seattle.
Player To Keep An Eye On: Luke Mulholland, MF
The Englishman has seamlessly transitioned into Major League Soccer and the RSL diamond formation. Simple, fluid passer with the ability to get into the box and find the back of the net.
Best Recent Team-Related Tweet
Can NOT believe no LD!!! That is crazy. Greatest player, by far IMO, in the history of our country. WOW— Chris Wingert (@wingert17) May 22, 2014
Chris Wingert tweeting what we all were thinking and saying
Favorite Stat: 6-0-6 (RSL's overall record)
ALWAYS a lot more fun to call games when teams AREN'T losing...and makes the post game show much more enjoyable.
Moment Of The Month: Joao Plata dances moves
Dude makes women melt and dudes laugh when he heads to the corner to celebrate a goal.
Three Thoughts On The Match
1. Midfield Battle will set the tone…+3 on the Yellow Cards handed out.
2. How does RSL deal w/ missing Beckerman, Rimando, Saborio and Plata? The depth of this roster is one of the many reasons it's started undefeated this year.
3. Can RSL deal with the artificial surface, the incredible atmosphere and the speed of play? If they can find that balance and finish the few chances that Seattle gives up during a match, they'll have a chance to pick up point(s) on the road and stay undefeated in MLS.
Follow Brian on Twitter this way: Follow @OriginalWinger
Next Up - Jeff Crandall, Chicago-Fire.com