Three points on two Chad Barrett goals leads to one successful road win for Sounders FC. Saturday’s 2-0 win at Vancouver Whitecaps FC marked the club’s first win at BC Place and ended a five-match winless streak against the ‘Caps. The Sounders remain in third place in the Western Conference but vaulted to first place in the 2015 Cascadia Cup standings. This week the club prepares for its first fixture of a three-match home stretch against Sporting Kansas City.
Here’s the latest buzz on the Rave Green:
- Chad Barrett was starred on Q13 Fox’s segment, “Q It Up Sports.”
- Also on Q13 FOX, Roger Levesque shared his thoughts on the Cascadia match against Vancouver and the latest on the club’s community outreach initiatives.
- Matt Pentz of The Seattle Times noted the sturdy defensive effort Seattle displayed on Saturday.
- Don Ruiz of The News Tribune wrote how the Sounders win caused the ‘Caps to shirk the favorite’s role.
- The Sounders claimed the top spot in ESPN’s weekly power rankings.
- Soccer by Ives named Chad Barrett MLS Player of the Week.
- Clint Dempsey threw out the first pitch at Safeco Field for Sunday’s Mariners-Red Sox game, while Barrett provided some behind the scenes action.
- Sounder at Heart recapped Sounders FC 2 win against OKC Energy on Friday night.
- SoundersFC.com’s Rave TV Recap reviewed Saturday’s thrilling win in Vancouver.