Sounders FC lost 3-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday night at CenturyLink Field, but it won’t take long for the Rave Green to have an opportunity to exact revenge on their Canadian rivals. On Wednesday, the two sides square off in the opening match of the 2015-2016 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Group Stage. The 7:00 p.m. PT tilt will take place in Vancouver’s BC Place, where Sounders FC beat the ‘Caps 2-0 in May.
For more Sounders FC coverage, check out the notes below:
- Q13 FOX’s Michelle Ludtka sat down for an exclusive interview with forward Clint Dempsey. The latest installments can be found here: Part 2 and Part 3.
- Liviu Bird of Sports Illustrated reported on Saturday’s match, which featured the return of Clint Dempsey, Brad Evans and Stefan Frei.
- The Seattle Times posted a photo gallery from the match.
- EA Sports announced it will include CenturyLink Field in its wildly popular video game franchise, EA Sports FIFA 16. The Sounders home pitch will be the first American-based MLS venue available in the game.
- Seattle’s Damion Lowe and Oalex Anderson were called into their respective U-23 teams for Olympic qualiftying.
- Sounders FC 2 fell to Sacramento Republic FC on Saturday 2-0, but remained in a tie for first place.