After a late-season bye last weekend gave Sounders FC valuable rest, the club returned to training this week with two matches left in the 2015 MLS regular season. Sunday’s match against the Houston Dynamo serves as the final road test for the Rave Green, which currently sits in fifth place in the Western Conference. Riding a six-match unbeaten streak in league play, Seattle can clinch its seventh consecutive postseason berth with a win against the Dynamo.
Now check out the latest coverage surrounding the club:
- Matt Pentz of The Seattle Times featured the five current Sounders from the 2009 squad and their continued impact on the pitch.
- Don Ruiz of The News Tribune dove into the unique pub culture for local soccer fans.
- As seen on MLSsoccer.com, Chad Marshall has returned to training after sustaining a neck injury in training in late September.
- Defender Nick Miele won the fan vote for the S2 Goal of the Year.
- To help fight the battle against breast cancer, SoundersFC.com gives an inside perspective at one of the survivors featured the club’s recently-released calendar.