SEATTLE, WASH. – With Sounders FC’s 2019 preseason camp currently winding down in Tucson, Arizona, the Rave Green announced today that they are hosting their annual club Media Day on Thursday, February 28 at CenturyLink Field, beginning at 10:30 a.m. PT. Additionally, the club is hosting its first annual Media Match inside CenturyLink Field that afternoon, with all media members able to RSVP to play in a full-sided match on the stadium field. The Media Match includes personalized adidas uniforms for all members of the press that confirm their participation, complete with the club’s new Zulily jersey branding.
Photographers and videographers are free to capture still images and b-roll throughout the morning practice, and all media members are welcome to observe the all-access training session. Multiple players are being made available for interviews at the conclusion of training, and lunch is being served inside the CenturyLink Field Southwest Loft ahead of a press conference featuring Sounders FC leadership - including General Manager & President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey, Head Coach Brian Schmetzer and Vice President of Soccer & Sporting Director Chris Henderson. After the press conference, accredited members of the media are able to claim their 2019 MLS season credentials and media packets.
Members of the press wishing to attend Media Day and claim their 2019 season credentials should RSVP with a member of Sounders FC's Communications Department by Monday, February 25 at 5:00 p.m. PT. Parking is being provided to those media members who RSVP.
RSVPs are also being requested for the club’s Media Match to ensure proper uniform sizing and personalized jerseys. Further information on the Media Match will be provided to members of the press that confirm their participation.
WHAT: 2019 Sounders FC Media Day & Media Match
WHEN: Thursday, February 28, 2019
- 10:30 a.m. PT - Team training session begins, entire practice open to media
- 12:00 p.m. PT - Training concludes, players available for field-side interviews
- 12:15 p.m. PT - Lunch served in CenturyLink Field Southwest Loft
- 12:30 p.m. PT - Press conference in CenturyLink Field Southwest Loft
- 12:50 p.m. PT - Lagerwey, Schmetzer, Henderson, select players available for one-on-ones
- 1:00 p.m. PT - Gary Wright Press Box is open to working members of the media filing stories
- 2:15 p.m. PT - 2019 Sounders FC Media Match kicks off inside CenturyLink Field
* Times subject to change based on team schedule *
WHERE: CenturyLink Field - 800 Occidental Avenue S., Seattle, WA 98134
- Parking instructions will be distributed to media members that RSVP with a member of Sounders FC Communications
- Personalized Sounders FC jerseys are being created for media members that RSVP for the 2019 Media Match
HOW: RSVP by sending an email to Kelly Schutz [KellyS@SoundersFC.com] or Matt Winter [MattW@SoundersFC.com]