Service animals or those in training, for guests with disabilities are allowed in Lumen Field and Lumen Field Event Center. All other animals are prohibited.
Banners, Signs & Flags
Banners signs and flags are permitted during Sounders FC matches as long as they do not obstruct the view of guests or block stadium signage and must meet the following requirements:
- Item may not be constructed of wood, metal or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by stadium management.
- Banners and Signs cannot be larger than 3 feet by 5 feet and poles must be shorter than 3.5 feet.
- Banners, signs and flags may not be utilized during the run of play outside of the lower portions of 121-123 and can be removed if they are obstructing views.
Banners and signs must be event-related in good taste and not commercial, political or offensive in nature. All signs must be hand-held; signs on sticks are not permitted. Flags are permitted in the general admission sections within the lower portions of sections 121-123 at all times, including the run of play, and are not restricted by size or pole length. Lumen Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserves the right to remove any banner or sign.
Bottles & Cans
No glass or metal bottles, cans or outside beverages are permitted in Lumen Field and Lumen Field Event Center for Sounders FC matches. Non-metal water bottles are allowed, but the bottle must be full and factory-sealed. It cannot be a container from home, and it must be filled with water (non-enhanced, flavored or carbonated). Exceptions are made for empty personal plastic sports bottles (non-metallic), baby bottles, health-related materials and unopened, soft-sided, single serve containers (such as small milk cartons, juice boxes, etc.).
Camera, Video & Audio Recorders
Personal photography is permitted at Lumen Field provided the images are for personal use only; however, any audio or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer. Photographic support tools that may interfere with others' enjoyment of the match (tripods, professional lenses - larger than 200 mm, etc.) are not permitted in the stadium.
Children who have celebrated their third birthday are required to have a ticket to gain admittance to a Sounders FC match. Children under three years of age are not required to have a ticket provided they sit on an adult’s lap. As a courtesy to all fans and to comply with fire regulations, children should not sit in the aisles or walkways. There are no discounted tickets available for children.
Lumen Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserve the right to eject anyone who violates the Fan Code of Conduct. Tickets will be revoked without a refund and the individual(s) will be escorted from the grounds.
Sounders FC season ticket members are responsible for the behavior of persons using their seats. If those persons are ejected, the Seattle Sounders FC may take appropriate action against the season ticket member, up to and including season ticket revocation.
Fan Code of Conduct
Lumen Field and Sounders FC management are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for its guests at Lumen Field and Sounders FC events. The facility’s staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests and other fans can enjoy the event experience free from the following behaviors:
- Use of ALL tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on Lumen Field and Lumen Field Event Center premises
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting*
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Any disruption to the progress of the event by guest’s actions
- Throwing objects of any kind* Any other conduct that is beyond the bounds of reasonable behavior for guests attending a professional sporting event
- All prohibited and restricted items apply (Please view list of restricted items under stadium policies)
- Any activity that is illegal in nature and could result in criminal charges
Each guest should hold his or her ticket stub and be ready to display it to stadium officials upon request to verify their seat location. All Season Ticket Members are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their Guests and/or persons occupying their seats in their absence.
*Public Display of Affection or PDA – Lumen Field is committed to providing an atmosphere that all guests find enjoyable. As part of this commitment, we ask that all guests keep acts of affection tasteful and discrete.
**The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
Corrective Actions for Fan Code of Conduct Violations
Below are general guidelines that Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management will follow, when applicable, regarding violations of the Fan Code of Conduct. Both Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management, reserve the right to review each case independently, based on available facts, as well as past issues and violations. All Season Ticket Members are responsible for their conduct, as well as the conduct of their guests and/or person occupying their seats in their absence.
Individuals who violate the Fan Code of Conduct and/or are ejected from the stadium during a match, will receive an official notification of the offense in the mail from Sounders FC Management. Violations that could generate a Warning Letter are as follows, but not limited to: use of any tobacco products on Lumen Field property, foul or abusive language or obscene gestures, intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption, failure to follow stadium staff directions, and any other conduct that is beyond the bounds of reasonable behavior for guests attending a professional sporting event.
Fan Code of Conduct Class
Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management reserve the right to mandate individuals, who have been ejected for violations of a more serious nature such as violence, sexism, racism, or actions that result in criminal charges, to complete the online Fan Code of Conduct class. This online course costs $250 and will go over in detail the aspects of the Fan Code of Conduct that all fans are expected to adhere to while attending a Sounders FC match. Until the course is completed, the individual will not be allowed to attend any Sounders FC matches at Lumen Field. If the person is found at Lumen Field during a Sounders FC match without successfully completing the mandated online course, the person will be immediately ejected from the property and/or possibly cited for Trespassing. Upon completion of the course, the individual will be sent a letter from Sounders FC Management acknowledging the course completion and notification of acceptance back to Sounders FC matches.
Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management reserve the right to impose Match Ban(s) for individuals who have received any prior corrective actions for a Fan Code of Conduct Violation including, but not limited to a Warning Letter, Fan Code of Conduct Class, or any violation deemed by Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management to be egregious enough in nature to warrant a Match Ban(s). Violations that could generate a Match Ban(s) are as follows but not limited to: fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures to either fans or stadium staff, any disruption to the progress of the event by guest’s actions, and throwing objects of any kind at the field of play, other fans, or stadium staff. Depending on the severity of the violation, Match Ban(s) can be as little as one match or a permanent loss of a guest’s right to attend a Sounders FC Match at Lumen Field. Individuals who lose their right to attend Sounders FC Matches can petition Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management to be re-instated one calendar year after the offense.
All penalties resulting in a Fan Code of Conduct violation can carry over into post-season matches and/or future seasons.
The image and reputation of the Sounders FC and their fans is of the utmost importance to Sounders FC Management. Sounders FC fans are encouraged to travel and support the team during away matches. However, if an individual is ejected from an opposing team’s stadium, Sounders FC Management reserves the right to issue any of the above disciplinary consequences based on the violation.
Food & Beverage Policy
Sounders FC fans may bring single serve food into Lumen Field andField Event Center on match days in clear plastic bags only, but no beverages will be allowed (see Bottles and Cans). Coolers are also prohibited on Sounders match days (see Gate Entry Screening).
Exceptions are made for factory sealed bottled water, baby bottles, food or beverages related to medical needs, and unopened, soft-sided single-serve containers.
Lumen Field and Delaware North Sportservice work hard to promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Our alcohol policies are listed below and are also posted at every concession stand.
- Temporary paper ID cards will not be accepted for alcohol purchases
- All Guests purchasing alcohol must present a valid ID, regardless of what age they appear
- No alcohol will be sold to Guests who appear intoxicated
- There will be a two (2) beer, or wine, limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions during the first half. Starting at kick off of the second half, there will be a one (1) beer limit per transaction.
- There will be a one (1) beer, or wine, limit, per person, by a roving vendor
- There will be a one (1) spirit limit, per transaction, at Club Loft concessions
- Alcohol sales will terminate at the 75th game clock minute of the match
- Management reserves the right to cut off alcohol sales at its discretion
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and subject to arrest
- Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be ejected
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any Guest
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought onto the grounds. Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the Guest being ejected, arrested, or tickets being revoked
The following forms of ID are acceptable at Lumen Field:
- A Driver’s License — A driver’s license issued by any U.S. State/Territory or any Canadian Province/Territory.
- A U.S. Military ID — An official U.S. Military ID card, including active duty, reserve, retired, and/or dependent card.
- A State ID Card - An official state ID card issued by any U.S. state or Canadian province.
- A current, unexpired Official Passport - Issued by any nation.
The following are not acceptable IDs at Lumen Field:
- Punched ID’s are NOT acceptable at Lumen Field
- Foreign ID’s are NOT acceptable at Lumen Field
- Expired ID’s are NOT acceptable at Lumen Field
- Temporary ID’s are NOT acceptable at Lumen Field
- Passport Cards are NOT acceptable at Lumen Field
Free Speech Rules
For more information on free speech rules at LumenField.com
Prohibited & Restricted Items
The main goal ofLumen Field Management Team is to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of Lumen Field guests, employees, and other assets with respect towards everyone’s dignity and legal rights.
- Please see the clear bag policy for information on restricted bags.
- Animals (Service animals ok)
- Bottles (Glass and Metal)
- Cases larger than 4.5” x 6.5” for items such as binoculars, glasses, tablets, etc. are not permitted in accordance with the NFL Bag Policy
- Coolers/Ice Chests
- Drugs/Illegal Substances
- Fireworks/Flares/Smoke Bombs
- Flammable Liquids
- Food and Beverage (see bottles and cans)
- Glass Containers
- Laptops are prohibited, but tablets (i.e. Surface, iPad) without a case are permitted
- Laser Pens/Pointers
- Motorcycle helmets
- Nail clippers and file
- Pepper Spray or any other aerosols (including sunscreen)
- Seat backs/cushions with zippers, pockets or storage compartments
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, rollerblades and any other non-medically prescribed wheeled device
- Stools or any other equipment used to stand on
- Use of tobacco or E-cigarettes
- Weapons, including but not limited to, guns, knives, pepper spray, brass knuckles, loose batteries, wires, box cutters
Any items deemed by management to be inappropriate that may disrupt other fan’s enjoyment of the game.
* The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
* Items may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by stadium management staff.
* While a drum is not prohibited, we ask that guests be courteous to nearby guests. Inappropriate or disrespectful use of these noisemakers will result in forfeiture of the item. Lumen Field and Sounders FC reserves the right to remove any drum or noisemaker.
* All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the stadium and may be subject to arrest.
Due to security concerns, re-entry is ONLY permitted up until kickoff time. After kickoff there is no re-entry. Once a fan exits Lumen Field after kickoff, they cannot re-enter. In the case of a medical emergency, you can be issued a medical pass by Lumen Field First Aid.
In compliance with state law (RCW 70.160), smoking of any kind is prohibited in all areas of Lumen Field and Lumen Field Event Center. This includes, but is not limited to: cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vape pens, and smokeless tobacco.
Standing vs. Sitting
Seattle Sounders FC wants each section to enjoy the match the way they choose in regards to sitting vs. standing. Our standing policy is and has been a “majority rules” policy. If the majority (more than 50%) of fans in a section are standing, we allow standing to continue. If a majority of fans are sitting, we will kindly ask those standing within that section to enjoy the match seated. If you have any questions regarding this policy or need assistance in selecting seats, please call Sounders FC Customer Service at 877-MLS-GOAL.
Lumen Field is pleased to announce a new stadium amenity, The Mother’s Room, located on the Suite Level Southwest. The Mother’s Room is a private space where moms can nurse, pump and spend some quiet time. The room has soft lighting, comfortable chairs and electrical outlets. It also has a convenient changing table and hand washing sink.
The newly added Mother’s Room is located on the SW corner of the Suite Level and can be accessed by the SW Elevators.
Any persons without written consent from either First & Goal Inc. or the Seattle Sounders FC are prohibited from soliciting contributions or distributing literature on Lumen Field property (inside or outside).
Tailgating is permitted in the North Lot only. Lumen Field security, Seattle Police and King County Sheriffs will patrol the lots to ensure the safety of all event attendees. Please adhere to the following tailgating policies:
- Park in ONE stall only. Awnings, chairs, BBQ’s, etc. cannot extend into other spaces or traffic lanes.
- Tailgating is permitted on the East side of the North Lot only.
- No alcohol - consuming alcoholic beverages in public is a violation of city and state law
- No charcoal BBQ’s or fires on the ground.
- No Deep Fat Fryers.
- No glass bottles or cans permitted – please pour drinks into plastic cups.
- Fighting and taunting are NOT permitted.
- Throwing, catch and sports activities are NOT permitted.
- Please dispose of all trash in bins provided.
These lots close 2 hours after the conclusion of the match. Be prepared to depart at that time.
Umbrellas are permitted in the stadium provided they do not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of the event.