You can enter at one of the following gates: Northwest Gate, Northeast Gate, South Gate and Southwest Gate. For those with club or suite tickets, you can also use the NW VIP, SW VIP, Club and Suite Level Gates.
If you have an emergency, please notify the nearest Lumen Field employee immediately.
NEW: Please see below for an updated Banners, Signs and Flags policy for the 2023 playoffs. It will be in effect starting October 30, 2023 until further notice
Lumen Field, Lumen Field Event Center and all Sounders FC sanctioned events do not allow the following items. Please note all items are subject to search:
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers including pepper spray and sunscreen
- Alcohol: bottles, cans, airplane bottles, zip-loc bags, shooters, flasks
- Animals (Service animals or those in training for guests with disabilities are allowed)
- Bags or cases larger than 4.5x6.5 inches that are not clear. For more information, visit our Clear Bag Policy page.
- Banners and Signs larger than 3 feet by 5 feet and poles larger than 3.5 feet
- Battery operated heated blankets, jackets, etc.
- Glass or metal bottles
- Camera lenses larger than 200 mm and tripods
- Coolers/Ice Chests
- Drones-unmanned aerial systems (UAS)
- Illegal drugs or harmful substances
- Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices and pyrotechnics
- Flammable Liquids
- Food that is larger than single serve not in a clear bag
- Glass Containers
- Laptops (tablets without a case are permitted)
- Laser Pens/Pointers
- Large batteries
- Motorcycle helmets
- Nail clippers and file
- Noisemakers, including, but not limited to whistles, horns and vuvuzelas
- Seat backs/cushions with zippers, pockets or storage compartments
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, and any other non-medically prescribed wheeled device (skateboarding and/or rollerblading on property surrounding Lumen Field is strictly prohibited)
- Stools or any other equipment used to stand on
- Smoking of any kind, including, but not limited to cigarettes, e-cigarettes, weed, vape pens, and smokeless tobacco
- Umbrellas are permitted if they do not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of match
- Weapons, including but not limited to, guns, knives, pepper spray, brass knuckles, loose batteries, wires, box cutters
- Any items deemed by management to be inappropriate that may disrupt other fan’s enjoyment of the game.
Banners Signs and Flags
Items may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by stadium management staff.
Banners signs and flags are permitted during Sounders FC matches as long as they do not obstruct the view of guests or block stadium signage and must meet the following requirements:
- Item may not be constructed of wood, metal or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by stadium management.
- Banners and Signs cannot be larger than 3 feet by 5 feet and poles must be shorter than 3.5 feet.
- Banners, signs and flags may not be utilized during the run of play (except for the ECS section in the lower portions of 121-123) and can be removed if they are obstructing views.
- Banners, signs and flags must be compliant with the MLS Fan Code of Conduct.
- Lumen Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserves the right to remove any banner or sign.
**PLEASE READ FOR 2023 PLAYOFFS: On Sounders FC matchdays, public safety and stadium security always come first. It is with public safety in mind that we are not allowing the flags of either Israel or Palestine inside Lumen Field beginning Monday, October 30, 2023 for Sounders FC playoff matches. This temporary policy is also inclusive of signs, banners and tifos that reference the ongoing Middle Eastern conflict. We are acting in accordance with Major League Soccer’s updated directives on this matter, as we have an obligation to foster an inclusive environment free from divisive discourse and messages that may be incendiary or spark unrest.
Personal photography is permitted at Lumen Field provided the images are for personal use only; however, any audio or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer. Photographic support tools that may interfere with others' enjoyment of the match (tripods, professional lenses - larger than 200 mm, etc.) are not permitted in the stadium.
Any persons without written consent from either First & Goal Inc. or the Seattle Sounders FC are prohibited from soliciting contributions or distributing literature on Lumen Field and Lumen Field property (inside or outside).
Emergencies & Evacuation
In the event of a serious Lumen Field and Lumen Field Event Center emergency, all event staff, law enforcement and fire personnel are available to assist guests, including those with disabilities. Information will also be provided over the public address system and on stadium televisions and scoreboards.
Fan Code of Conduct
Lumen Field, Major League Soccer and Sounders FC management are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable match-day experience for all fans visiting Lumen Field and Sounders FC events. We are also deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment, free of discrimination and harassment. The facility’s staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests and other fans can enjoy the event experience free from the following behaviors:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, threatening or violent in nature, including verbal or physical harassment of match officials, players, staff or fans
- Conduct that is illegal
- Conduct that results in damage to the venue or other personal property
- Displaying signs, symbols, images, using language or making gestures that are threatening, abusive, or discriminatory, including on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation
- Displaying signs, symbols or images for commercial purposes or for electioneering, campaigning or advocating for or against any candidate, political party, legislative issue, or government action
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any other location other than that permitted by the fan’s ticket or credential
- Possession of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework or other Prohibited Items
- Throwing objects of any kind, including streamers and confetti
- Failing to follow requests from venue staff regarding stadium operations, policies and emergency response procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Irresponsible use or consumption of alcohol or other substances
- Making unauthorized transmissions or play-by-play accounts of the match
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting
- Tailgating is not permitted
- Any behavior that otherwise targets other fans or interferes with other fans’ enjoyment of the game
Each guest should be ready to display their ticket to stadium officials upon request to verify their seat location. All Season Members are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their Guests and/or persons occupying their seats in their absence.
Home and Visiting Supporters
Official supporter groups that work directly with Sounders FC Front Office are allowed certain exempt items for supporter groups such as flags, drums, and banners. These are only allowed in designated supporter sections and must be pre-approved.
Reporting a Fan Code of Conduct Violation
If you need to report a Fan Code of Conduct violation, you can do so the following ways on matchday:
- Text HAWK12 with the location and details of the violation
- Speak to your section usher or GuestLink staff member
If you are unable to report on matchday, please call Sounders FC customer service at 877-657-4625 or email CustomerService@SoundersFC.com to report an issue.
Corrective Actions for Fan Code of Conduct Violations
Lumen Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserve the right to eject anyone who violates the Fan Code of Conduct. Tickets will be revoked without a refund and the individual(s) will be escorted from the grounds.
Sounders FC season members are responsible for the behavior of persons using their seats. If those persons are ejected, the Seattle Sounders FC may take appropriate action against the season member, up to and including season ticket revocation.
Corrective actions will be dependent on the level of offense and infraction. MLS has guidelines of level of offenses and their corresponding corrective actions that Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management will follow, when applicable, regarding violations of the Fan Code of Conduct. Both Lumen Field and Sounders FC Management, reserve the right to review each case independently, based on available facts, as well as past issues and violations. Corrective actions include, but are not limited to, warning letters, match bans, and Fan Code of Conduct Classes.
All penalties resulting in a Fan Code of Conduct violation can carry over into post-season matches and/or future seasons.
The image and reputation of the Sounders FC and their fans is of the utmost importance to Sounders FC Management. Sounders FC fans are encouraged to travel and support the team during away matches. However, if an individual is ejected from an opposing team’s stadium, Sounders FC Management reserves the right to issue any of the above disciplinary consequences based on the violation.