Welcome Back, seattle
After more than a year, Sounders FC is elated to return fans to Lumen Field. But like most things in our lives, matchday will look a bit different with physical distancing requirements and additional health and safety measures.
With your help and patience, we will slowly bring our stadium back to the foot-stomping, scarf waving, full 90 giving fortress that houses the best fans in MLS. Thank you for your unwavering support over the past year, you’re the lifeblood of this club and we’re lucky to have you.
Returning to matchday at Lumen Field
Health and safety continue to be our top priorities as we safely return fans to Lumen Field. To start, only the first five home matches in April and May will be available for purchase.
To honor their commitment, Season Ticket Members will receive priority access to available tickets before the general public. If all tickets are sold out before a Season Ticket Member can purchase, they will be given priority for the next set of available matches.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, April 14, so long as inventory remains or tickets are available on the resale market. Sign up here to be notified when single match tickets are on sale to the general public.
As part of our safety plan in conjunction with regional health authorities, additional safety measures apply to all matches at Lumen Field until further notice, including the first five matchdays.
Face masks are required for all guests age two and older. Guests are not required to wear them while actively eating and drinking. Face masks that fit within the CDC guidelines are considered appropriate for guests when inside the stadium, and must be tightly woven and snug to the face, while covering the nose and mouth.
The seating manifest allows for a full six feet of distance between ticket groups or pods. Ticket pods range from single seats up to sets of six. A majority of pods will be groups of two and four. Pods may be modified or added but all pods shall be sold subject to the following rules:
All tickets will be sold in ticket pods (between one and six tickets), that must be purchased together. Ticket pods must be used by members of the same household or permissible quarantining unit, as permitted by regional health authorities. No more than two ticket pods will share a single row, to prevent any ticket pod from having to pass another pod to travel to or from an aisle.
All tickets shall be electronic in 2021 and no paper tickets will be permitted or printed. No PDFs of tickets will be permitted. Lumen Field remains a cashless venue and points of sale are touchless, including concessions and retail. The Lumen Field clear bag policy remains in effect.
GBAC Star Accreditaiton
Lumen Field has become a GBAC™ STAR accredited venue, the leading certification for outbreak prevention, response and recovery for facilities.
Disinfection & Cleaning
- We leveraged the expertise of Aramark, our housekeeping partner, to implement an enhanced facility cleaning program based on elevated industry standards.
- We’re taking cleaning and disinfection to the next level. All “high-touch” surfaces in stadium common areas will be cleaned before, during and after each game or stadium event. “High-touch” surfaces include door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, toilets, ATMs and other touch screens, turnstiles, vestibules, and water fountains.
- Over 300 hand sanitizer stations have been added around the stadium for your safety. Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Increased operation of HVAC systems to improve ventilation of building spaces while upgrading filter efficiencies to capture a greater amount of airborne particles
- Signage with health and hygiene reminders have been added throughout the building.
- Capacity limits have been recalculated to allow for appropriate physical distancing in enclosed spaces.
- Ground markings have been added throughout entry locations, concession stands, retail and other kiosks, directing guests to maintain a minimum of six feet from others while waiting in line.
- Staff will monitor adequate traffic flow and distancing requirements.
Staff Training & Implementation
- All staff have completed training on the latest cleaning and disinfection practices.
- Food service staff is trained to comply with Levy’s upgraded HACCP plan, which emphasizes proper food handling and safety based on current standards from public health agencies.
- All staff will undergo mandatory health and temperature screening upon shift arrival.
- Employees are required to wear two face masks at all times, gloves will be worn while working in shared spaces.
- Disinfection stewards have been appointed in each department to ensure increased employee training and proper cleaning and disinfection practices for all staff.
Seating & Communal Spaces
- All stadium seating has been arranged in pods or ticket groups. There will be a minimum of six feet of spacing between each surrounding ticket pod or group.
- No more than two ticket pods will share a single row, preventing groups from having to cross through another pod to travel to or from an aisle.
- Every aisle seat will be empty to allow additional space between groups and fans passing up and down the stairwells.
- Tables and shared seating areas throughout the stadium and concourses have been altered or removed to ensure physical distancing and eliminate gathering.
- Tickets: Matchday is now a touchless experience. Through your Ticketmaster Account Manager, you'll be able to scan your tickets right from your phone using new self-service pedestal ticket scanners upon entry to Lumen Field.
- Restrooms: Restrooms have been upgraded to feature touchless faucets, toilets and urinals.
- Cashless: All sales transactions at Lumen Field have been transitioned to cashless to eliminate the handling and exchange of money. The amount of touchless point-of-sale options at food and beverage, box office, parking, and retail locations have been increased, further utilizing chip readers and tap-to-pay terminals.
- Parking: All parking transactions have been transitioned to cashless, therefore only cards are accepted at parking booths. ParkHub devices also support Apple and Google Pay, so guests can tap their mobile phones to the ParkHub device to purchase parking. Full season parking passes will move primarily to mobile and will be scanned upon entry. If paper passes are issued, guests will be required to tear their own pass and deposit their stub in a bin for record keeping.
Updated Bag Policy
- We are using the same bag policy as before, but the process has changed. All bags must be clear in color and no larger than 12”x6”x12” (same as 2020). New to 2021, upon entry, event security will complete a visual inspection of all bags and the guest is responsible for opening their bag. Staff members will not physically open a guest’s bag or place their hands within the guest’s bag. Once the bag is opened, the screener will conduct the visual inspection. Upon completion, the guest will carry their bag through the magnetometer for metal detection screening. Search tables will have the prohibited items list onsite during the inspection in case questions arise.
- Clear bag exceptions will be made for “clutch” sized purses measuring no more than 4.5” x 6.5”. There is an exception for medically necessary items (including diaper bags) after proper inspection is permitted at the northwest VIP gate, south gate, club entrance (garage level 5), and suite entrance (garage level 6).
Matchday will now be a touchless experience. Through your Ticketmaster Account Manager, you'll be able to scan your tickets right from your phone using new self-service pedestal ticket scanners upon entry to Lumen Field. All tickets are 100% digital.
Food & Beverage
- Grab & Go options and spaces have been added to decrease contact between staff ;and fans
- All food will be served in a container with a lid and utensils will be individually wrapped
- Plexi-glass guards are installed at all counters and POS systems to protect both the guest and the staff.
- Self-Ordering Kiosks have been installed to further reduce contact.
- A reduced menu will be offered to start the season to account for quicker transaction times for guests and less congestion in the kitchen and prep areas.
Masks & Physical Distancing
- Face masks are required for all guests age two and older. Guests are not required to wear them while eating and drinking. Face masks that fit within the CDC guidelines are considered appropriate for guests when inside the stadium. Face masks must be tightly woven and snug to the face, while covering the nose and mouth.
- We reserve the right to require guests to remove and replace face masks that are deemed offensive, or tend to provoke, shock, or offend the community or any group.
- Lumen Field requires proper use of masks for all guests (age two and older) and employees.
The Pro Shop
- Store layouts have been arranged to accommodate physical distancing with added signage for line queues and one-way paths.
- Plexi-glass guards have been installed at all registers to protect both the guest and the staff.
- Policies for returns and try-ons have been enhanced for safety considerations.
- Entry gate layouts are adjusted to allow a minimum of six feet between groups while queuing for both the magnetometers and the ticket-takers.
- Signage and ground markings are added to remind guests to maintain physical distancing while queuing for entry.
- New self-service pedestal ticket scanners are located at all entries so guests can scan their own tickets and eliminate close contact between guests and stadium staff.
- Guests with suite tickets are required to enter at designated gates to complete a touchless temperature check prior to entry.
- After the match, guests will be directed to the nearest exit via Lumen Field staff. In certain areas, additional doors to the exterior will be opened to offer supplementary exit routes and to reduce congestion.
- Guest services staff will be deployed to the concourse areas to actively keep egress traffic moving and assist in directing guests to the appropriate exits.
- Season Ticket Members have priority to put their Account Credit towards seats or purchase seats before they go on-sale to the general public.
- Tickets are available in small, physically distanced pods of 1-6 fans. Pods must be members of the same household.
- To start the season, only the first five home matches in April and May are available for purchase. Should additional matches open up, or should additional tickets be made available for these first five matches, Sounders FC will release those details.
- Season Suite Holders have the first opportunity to reserve their suite. Suites will be offered at a limited ticket capacity only. Pending availability, suites will be offered to those with a suite deposit, then to the general public.
- If tickets sell out through Sounders FC, tickets could be available on the resale/secondary market. Please note, account credit cannot be used on the secondary market. Resale of suite tickets is not permitted. Ticket pods must be resold in their entirety.
Season Ticket Memberships
Sounders FC Season Ticket Members receive priority access to available tickets before they are offered to the general public. If you are a Season Ticket Member, check your email to receive your presale information. If available tickets sold out before a Member could purchase, you will be given priority in the next presale. If you are unable to purchase tickets or don't feel comfortable attending, your credit will remain on your account to utilize towards additional Sounders FC tickets, playoffs, seat upgrades, and experiences throughout the 2021 season. You will be able to apply this credit to your 2022 renewal at a later date.
Looking to become a Sounders FC Season Ticket Member?
Memberships are currently on-sale for the 2021 season. You can purchase directly online or reach out to one of our membership executives to discuss options and answer any questions.
Single Match Tickets
Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, April 14 to the general public and resale market. Sign up here to be notified when single match tickets are available.
Single Match Suites
Pending availability, suites will be made available to suite deposit holders. Interested in placing a $500 suite deposit? Email us to sign up and for more information.
Only guests sitting in indoor locations - including suites (on both the club and suite levels) - or within the field of play will be subject to temperature checks at designated gate entrances prior to entering Lumen Field. All other fans will not be subject to a temperature check.
Yes, face masks are required for all guests age two and older. Guests are not required to wear them while actively eating or drinking. Otherwise, regional health authorities require all attendees to be masked. For more information please call a representative.
Face masks are required for all guests age two and older.
Fans must wear a FDA-approved face mask at all times when on stadium premises. Face masks must be tightly woven and snug to the face, while covering the nose and mouth. We reserve the right to require guests to remove and replace face masks that are deemed offensive, or intend to provoke, shock, or offend the community or any group.
Over 300 hand sanitizer stations have been added around the stadium for your safety. Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate activity that is disrupting to their matchday experience or providing an unsafe environment, this includes violations to any stadium policies related to COVID-19. Fans can dial 888-MY-HAWKS or send a text-message to ‘HAWK12’ to report incidents. Members of the guest services or security team will promptly respond to fan conduct incidents and manage resolutions.
All tickets will be sold in ticket pods (between 1 and 6 tickets), that must be purchased together. Ticket pods must be used by members of the same household or permissible quarantining unit, as permitted by regional health authorities. Where ticket transfer is permitted, all tickets in a pod must be transferred as a single unit, and the transferee will be required to create an account with Ticketmaster Account Manager, automatically accepting these terms and conditions, including the health promise above.
Yes. Where resale is permitted, all tickets in a pod must be sold as a single unit, and the buyer will be required to create an account with Ticketmaster Account Manager, and automatically accept these terms and conditions, including the health promise above.
Only primary account holders will receive pre-sale access for matches with physical distancing requirements. Should you wish to transfer specific seats on your account to a new primary account holder, please contact us at 877-657-4625 or email CustomerService@SoundersFC.com and a Membership Executive will be happy to assist you.
Yes, store layouts have been arranged to accommodate physical distancing with added signage for line queues and one-way paths.
Yes. Like previous years, Lumen Field is enforcing a clear bag policy. Fans are responsible for opening the bag for a visual search for contraband items and event security staff will complete a visual inspection of all bags that are no larger than 12”x6”x12”.
To start the season, Soccer Celebration (including Sounders FC and partner activations) will not be offered, however Membership Executives will be present in Soccer Celebration to assist you as needed.
Season Suite Holders have the first opportunity to reserve their suite location. Pending availability, those with a suite deposit have the next priority to reserve a suite.
Yes - Lumen Field has enhanced the food & beverage experience with safety in mind.
- Grab & Go options and spaces have been added to decrease contact between staff and fans.
- Food served from concession stands will be served in a container with a lid and utensils will be individually wrapped.
- Plexi-glass guards are installed at counters and point-of-sale systems to protect both the guest and the staff.
- Self-ordering kiosks have been installed to further reduce contact.
- A reduced menu will be offered to start the season, accounting for quicker transaction times for guests and less congestion in the kitchen and prep areas.
Outside food in a clear plastic bag or pizza in a pizza box is allowed into Lumen Field (food must be single serving). Outside beverages are not allowed. Exceptions are made for factory-sealed water bottles (non-enhanced, flavored or carbonated), baby bottles, beverages related to medical needs and unopened, soft-sided single serve containers (i.e. juice boxes).
To start the 2021 season, drinking fountains will not be available. Fans are allowed to bring factory-sealed water bottles into Lumen Field.
Restroom layouts have been modified to create distancing between fans and to mitigate crowding. One-way entrances and exits are designated where possible and floor markings have been added to provide for six feet of distancing for entry queue lines and to allow for passive spacing. Sink faucets, soap dispensers and restroom fixtures have been converted to touchless in all possible areas.
Parking locations will be the same as previous seasons including the North Lot, the Lumen Field Garage, and all surrounding neighborhood parking options.
Visit Sound Transit's website for the most up-to-date travel schedule.
Gates will open 90 minutes prior to advertised kickoff time, as has been the case in previous seasons.
No but entry gate layouts will be adjusted to ensure a minimum of six (6) feet between screening lanes. Markings will be set on the ground or on security barriers at six-foot intervals to promote distancing.
Suite ticket holders will be required to enter at designated gates to complete a touchless temperature screening prior to entry.
No, all sales transactions at Lumen Field have been transitioned to cashless to eliminate the handling and exchange of money. Increased the amount of touchless point-of-sale options at food & beverage, box office, parking, and retail locations. For more information, please visit Lumen Field’s Cashless page.
All seats in the stadium will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. General admission seating will not be an option during physically distanced matches.
Washington Governor Jay Inslee previously announced that the “Healthy Washington – Roadmap to Recovery” plan was advancing into Phase Three, allowing for outdoor sporting events to host 25 percent of venue capacity or 9,000 spectators, whichever is lower. As a result, Sounders FC is expecting to host approximately 7,000 total fans in the near term, encompassing the first five home matches of 2021, including the club’s 2021 MLS opener versus Minnesota United on Friday, April 16.
The club is being methodical in its approach to welcome fans back into the building. We’re not in a rush in to achieve a larger capacity, and any further adjustments will be coordinated directly with regional health authorities. In general, we will approach such measures thoughtfully and with an abundance of caution to ensure maximum safety considerations.
To start the 2021 season, the Sounders FC Value Menu will not be available. A reduced menu will be offered to begin the season, accounting for quicker transaction times for guests and less congestion in the kitchen and prep areas.
Should you feel ill or begin to exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, immediately alert the nearest guest services attendant and you will be escorted out of the stadium unless you require or request medical attention. If you request medical attention will be directed to visit a Dedicated Isolation Area where a medical team will be on standby to provide safe treatment. After exiting Lumen Field, please contact your medical provider.
Please call or text 877-657-4625 or email CustomerService@SoundersFC.com and a Membership Executive will be happy to assist you.
Lumen Field provides accessible and wheelchair convertible seats located throughout the stadium in a variety of price levels and viewpoints. These seats are fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Accessible seating and wheelchair locations are available on both a season and single match basis. For further information on locations and access appropriate options, please reach out to a Sounders Membership Engagement Representative at 877-657-4625.