As part of our safety plan in conjunction with regional health authorities, additional safety measures apply to all matches at Lumen Field until further notice.
Effective immediately, the club is implementing King County’s expanded mask mandate for large outdoor events, announced on September 2, requiring everyone in Lumen Field to be masked at all times, in all areas of the stadium, unless actively eating or drinking while in a ticketed seat or designated meal area. This policy goes into effect immediately with the upcoming September 11 match and will continue through the remainder of the 2021 season and postseason.
Along with the Seahawks, Sounders FC and Lumen Field are further implementing a vaccination verification requirement for all stadium guests. This verification program affects all events at Lumen Field, including Seahawks games, Sounders FC matches and any other stadium programming such as concerts or events.
For fans of the Rave Green, this means that the club will implement vaccination verification starting with the team’s October 3 home match vs. the Colorado Rapids. At that time, fans ages 12 and older who wish to attend Sounders FC matches are required to show proof of full vaccination in order to be allowed to enter the stadium. Fans who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to participate in vaccination verification may still be granted entry with proof of a negative FDA-approved COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of kickoff. At-home, self-administered test results will not be accepted. Children younger than 12 are allowed to enter, with no testing proof required.
Beginning October 3, eligibility for entry to Sounders FC matches is based on the following protocols:
- Fans 12 and older must show proof of being fully vaccinated in order to gain entry to matches. “Fully vaccinated” indicates that on the date of the match, it has been at least two weeks (14 days) since an individual and anyone they are purchasing a ticket for (12+) received the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) or the single dose of the one-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson / Jansen).
- To attend the October 3 home match as fully vaccinated under this protocol, fans must have received their second dose of the two-dose vaccines series or the single dose of the one-dose vaccine on or before September 19.
- Fans 12 and older who are fully vaccinated and show valid vaccination documentation can purchase tickets.
- Children 11 and younger are allowed to attend matches, with no further requirements in place; however, children must also adhere to the prescribed mask mandate.
- Fans 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to participate in vaccination verification may still attend matches, but must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of kickoff using an FDA-approved test; at-home, self-administered tests are not valid. These fans, like all fans in the stadium, must also adhere to the prescribed mask mandate.
- There is no onsite testing available. Testing must be completed independently prior to matchday.